You can buy butter at the store, but it's more fun to make ourselves!
What You Need
- Heavy cream
- Jar with a lid
- A snack to put the butter on
What You Do
- All you do is put some heavy cream into a jar with a lid. Add a CLEAN marble in with the butter in the jar to make it go faster.
- Screw the lid on tight and begin to shake it.
- Keep shaking the cream back and forth until it thickens. In about 10 minutes, it will turn to butter.
- The glob is butter! The liquid that’s leftover is buttermilk.
The project above was part of the Cookin' Up Science program.