Without our volunteers Utah Water Watch would not exist. We appreciate all the hard work and dedication from our volunteers!
Volunteer of the Year
Every year, we select a volunteer of the year and highlight them on our website and social media. Learn why they enjoy and continue to monitor and view the graphs of their data.
We award monthly prizes for volunteers who submit data. Prizes include T-shirts, hats, water bottles and other fun items to show our appreciation. Simply monitor your site and submit your data online to be automatically entered into the drawing.
April - Dan Gillenwater - Parleys Canyon Creek - Jordan River Watershed
May - Thomas Beesley - Jordan River - Salt Lake City, Jordan River Watershed
June - Abby Bloomer - Big Cottonwood Creek - Jordan River Watershed
July - Julie Applegate - Santa Clara River - Virgin River Watershed
August - Doug Johnson - Weber River and Davis County Pond 1 - Weber River Watershed
September - Carol Flowers - Mill Creek - Salt Lake City, Jordan River Watershed
October - Steve Cox - Deer Creek, Boulder Creek in the Escalante River Watershed
- Prizes are only awarded for the months of April through October.
- One winner will be selected for each month. No repeat winners during the same calendar year.
- The selection for the monthly winner will occur three business days after the end
of the month. To be eligible your report for the month needs to be submitted by then.
- The winner will be randomly selected from the pool of all volunteers who have successfully
reported a monitoring event for that month.
- Your name will be put into the drawing each time you report a monitoring event during the month. The more you monitor, the more chances you have of winning a prize!
- If you are selected to be a winner, you will be contacted by email or phone after the selection has been made.
- We will also announce the winner on the Utah Water Watch website and social media.