Proper food and water storage can assist families in case of a disaster. When a disaster strikes it may be impossible to obtain food and water, even at the supermarket. Therefore it is important to have adequate food storage and water available in case of a disaster. The Civil Defense recommends storing food and water adequate for each family member for two weeks.
- Food Storage Guidelines for Consumers
- General Canning Information - Identifying and Handling Spoiled Canned Food
- Food Preservation - Plan Ahead
- Food Storage In the Home
- A Management Plan for Home Food Storage
- WATER: Storage and Emergency Use