Family and consumer sciences address the issues of family communication, parenting and child development, the balance of work and family, nutrition, and management of personal finances.
The FCS Agent’s focus is to teach the knowledge, skills, attitudes, and behaviors needed for:
- Balancing personal, home, family and work lives.
- Promoting optimal nutrition and wellness across the life span.
- Strengthening the well-being of individuals and families across the life span.
- Using critical and creative thinking skills to address problems in diverse family, community, and work environments.
- Ensuring security for the family’s financial needs.
- Promoting and sustaining the 4-H youth organization.
See the Tooele county Extension calendar for scheduled events. For more information email or call Darlene Christensen, Family and Consumer Science Agent at: 435-277-2406.
Tuesdays 6:30 - 8 p.m. 151 N Main, Tooele, Utah
FREE, but please register Attend one or all classes
Getting Financially Organized April 1
Budget Basics April 8
Credit 101 April 15
Debt Elimination April 22
The first 10 people registered will receive a finance education workbook, receipt wallet or other prize valued over $12.
Register the Monday before class by e:mailing
email@example.com or calling Darlene at 435-277-2406
Please give your name and phone # and the name of the class of which you are registering.