Save the Date!
The inaugural National Energy Extension Educator Summit will bring together those who focus on developing and delivering energy extension. Although current research related to renewable energy and efficiency will be discussed, the Summit will focus on educational programming and techniques, especially concerning energy efficiency, small-scale renewables (e.g. geothermal, solar, small wind), and community-scale projects (e.g. biomass, hydro, large wind). Planned agenda items include:
- Panel discussions of individual state education efforts and best practices;
- Profiles of consumer, agricultural, youth, volunteer, and community energy education programs;
- Keynote addresses concerning the role of Extension and land-grant Universities in energy education;
- Forums for networking and collaboration; and
- Tours of CSU energy facilities.
Registration information and additional details to follow in early winter.
Organizers include: Montana State University Extension, Colorado State University Extension, and University of Wyoming Extension.