Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
What trees are recommended for West Jordan (clay soil).
Rate This FAQ
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am looking for a native grass, or a grass that behaves as a native, does not need irrigated once established, does not need mowed, for a hill in a St.George back yard. Cottonwood trees shade the area but it also gets sun. I was going to use Buffalograss seed, but some people at a nursery in St.George said that it is too hot for Buffalograss. Do you have any suggestions?
- Do you have tips for edging my lawn?
- Do you have tips for naturalizing a landscape with bulbs?
- I have a very large Honey Locust tree on the West side of my house. It is dropping leaves and has a lost more dead branches then the previous years. What problems should I look for and what can I do to save this precious tree?
- I have three large Austrian Pine trees that I would like to xeriscape under. Do you have suggestions for low-water use plants that will grow in mostly shady conditions under pine trees?
- Do you have some advice on how to control mallow weeds? This has been an ongoing problem that even the powerful herbicides can only contain for just a few weeks. They always come back and completely overrun my garden. Any advice?
- I am purchasing a 30 year old home with three large (15+ feet) blue spruce trees growing in the front yard. I would prefer not to cut them down, is it possible to transplant a large blue spruce in Utah? If so, who would do it and who would want them?
- Last May I planted an eight foot Sub-Alpine Fir in my new yard. My soil is very sandy. We deep watered the tree once a week throughout the hot season. The tree never showed any sign of stress until now (March). The ends of the branches are turning brown. I know these trees are sensitive. What can I do to best ensure the tree survives?
Note: These questions are a portion of the questions available at the master page .