Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Where should I put my food storage?
Rate This FAQ
The optimal conditions for food storage are a cool (50-70 degrees F), dry, dark, and well ventilated place. In Utah, most basements provide good storage conditions. Food stored in warmer, lighter, and more humid conditions will loose quality faster. If you have limited space consider storing food under beds, couches, or tables. Use book shelves to display home canned goods or make tables with 5 gallon food storage containers as the base.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How much food should I store?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- How long can I keep stored foods?
- How much water should I store?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- Can I store wheat, sugar, flour or other products purchased in 25 pound bags in a rubbermaid container? I am looking for space efficient ways to store bulk grains and legumes.