Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How much water should I store?
Rate This FAQ
Plan on 1 gallon per person per day for a 2 week period or 14 gallons per person. You may need more for personal hygiene or if most of your food storage contains dehydrated foods requiring water for hydration.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- I have tried pressure canning chicken 4 times now. I've done 2 batches cooked chicken and 2 batches raw chicken. All 4 times most of the water cooked out of the jars. Is this supposed to happen and is the chicken safe for us to eat?
- I would like to find a recipe for canning apple pie filling that is safe for my elevation. I have looked through your web sites to no avail. Please direct me.
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?