Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How much water should I store?
Rate This FAQ
Plan on 1 gallon per person per day for a 2 week period or 14 gallons per person. You may need more for personal hygiene or if most of your food storage contains dehydrated foods requiring water for hydration.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- I have tried pressure canning chicken 4 times now. I've done 2 batches cooked chicken and 2 batches raw chicken. All 4 times most of the water cooked out of the jars. Is this supposed to happen and is the chicken safe for us to eat?
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- Where should I put my food storage?