Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How much water should I store?
Rate This FAQ
Plan on 1 gallon per person per day for a 2 week period or 14 gallons per person. You may need more for personal hygiene or if most of your food storage contains dehydrated foods requiring water for hydration.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
- How long does pectin keep if the box has not been opened?
- How to store fesh oranges to last as long as possible?
- I am trying to use flour that has been stores for about 30 years. It looks ok and tastes like flour but I have baked two loaves and they will not raise. they taste ok but how nutritional would they be?
- I used the approved recipe for canning apple pie filling, including leaving a 1 inch headspace. However, after taking out the jars I noticed that filling had bubbled up out of the jars during processing. The lids seem sealed, but how can I be sure they are safe? Should I have left a larger headspace than 1 inch???
- how do I store fruits and vegetables?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?