Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?