Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- Do you have tips on safe food handling techniques?
- How do I get rid of the flour weevils that I have in my kitchen without destroying all of my boxed mixes, etc. I know I've got to spray something but is there anything that will leave the food safe for consumption?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Do you have recipes for cooking pumpkin?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?