Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?