Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?