Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?