Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Are steam canners safe to use?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?