Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- Do habanero peppers ripen on the vine?