Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)