Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- Do you have tips for safe home canning of tomatoes and salsa?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?