Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey
- Do you have information on freezer meals?
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- Are Artificial Sweeteners Safe?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?