Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can I have my pumpkin and eat it too?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?