Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- Are the berries on a Lodense Privet poisonous?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- Do you have tips on how I can use cranberries during the holidays?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?