Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- As I've grown older I've lost my appetite, can I get it back?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?