Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
Rate This FAQ
Remove all infested food and throw away. (You can kill the weevil in the food by freezing the flour, crackers, cereal, etc., but you will then have to pick the weevil out.) Clean the pantry or other storage area thoroughly with an all purpose cleaner. Pay special attention to corners and crevices. Put any exposed food into plastic containers with lids. Remember to put away fruit or any other food that is on the counter. Cleaning and removing the food source will get rid of most pests; if pests persist you may need to call a professional.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Do you have tips on cooking for one?
- How do I get rid of the flour weevils that I have in my kitchen without destroying all of my boxed mixes, etc. I know I've got to spray something but is there anything that will leave the food safe for consumption?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.