Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
Rate This FAQ
No, the food should be thrown away. Eating food left out overnight is a real gamble. Some microorganisms survive reheating and other organisms produce a toxin that is not destroyed by reheating. Bacteria grows rapidly between 40 and 140 degrees F. A good rule of thumb is never leave food at room temperature for more than 2 hours.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- Can a Person safely eat the head of any venomous snake? If not, why?
- Do you have suggestions for nutritious brown bag lunches?