Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
Rate This FAQ
Weevils are small beetles. Moths have a caterpillar stage, but are not weevils. Weevils are common grain infesting pests. Store grain in plastic buckets with dry ice or oxygen absorbers to kill live weevils or moths. If there are eggs, they won't be killed during that treatment. They can be killed by retreating the grain with dry ice of oxygen absorbers at a alater date. This publication http://extension.usu.edu/files/foodpubs/fn371.pdf can help give more details.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Are jars that have air bubbles in them after bottling, safe?
- When and where do I go to have my pressure canner checked? How often should it be checked?
- Can you tell me what the adult form is for the weevil that I find in my flour and pasta?
- I know that I should add lemon juice to bottled tomatoes and tomato juice, but my husband hates sour stuff. Is there an alternative that isn't sour? Is there a recipe for 'V8' that is more palatable?
- Where should I put my food storage?
- How do I keep insects out of stored grain?
- What can I store water in?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?