Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I saw a small, dark green, spruce tree planted next to the corner of a home in a nearby neighborhood. Are their dwarf varieties of this tree? It is not an dwarf Alberta Spuce- I have already verified this. If so, what are they called. I would like to find one for my yard.
Rate This FAQ
I'm guessing your neighbor is growing a Picea glauca 'Densata', also called a Black Hills Spruce. It is the same species as the Dwarf Alberta Spruce (White Spruce), but a different cultivar. It grows very slowly and has dense green foliage. It is tolerant of shade, but cannot tolerate wet soil, so be sure to plant it somewhere with good drainage.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am buying a new house in Salt Lake County, and the entire back yard is weeds. I want to put in a garden towards the back and fill in the rest with grass. What is the best way to kill the weeds completely, without killing the new grass and affecting the garden?
- Do you have tips for newly planted trees?
- When is the best time time to water my lawn? I've heard it's better in the evening because it gives time to soak in and I've heard morning because if you do it at night the lawn will get moldy. Thanks.
- What Are Those Large Round Fungus Balls That Appeared In My Lawn Last Summer?
- My euonymus has a white powdery film on the leaves, what is it?
- why wont my lawnmower engine run without a blade on it how do i make run
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
- What is West Nile Virus and how can I keep myself safe from it?