Ask a Question
- My turkey brining recipe calls for 4 juniper berries crushed in the brine. Can I use the berries from my yard shrubs for this purpose?
- Can I use a wood cutting board?
- Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
- Do I need to use soap and water to clean fresh fruits and vegetables?
- does 1 tablespoon make 2 teaspoons
- Does anyone have any idea what a size #2-1/2 can is? I have an old recipe that calls for this size and I am lost! Thanks for your help.
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- Can you use canned food such as soups and vegetables past their use by date and if so how far past can you use them. How long does home canned fruits keep their nutional value?
- Do I need to treat water before storing it?
- Do weevil turn into moths? If not where would moths come from in my food storage room? and how do you get rid of them?
- Does my stored food still have any nutritional value?
Note: These questions are a portion of the questions available at the master page .