Daves Hollow Guard Station
Plate 310X. Daves Hollow Guard Station 1921 - 2003 Viewed southwest to the Forest Service guard station near the mouth of Daves Hollow on the Paunsaugunt Plateau. The original building has been replaced. Note the old Tropic Ditch on the far hillside. Spruce planted around the guard station have grown in height, while ponderosa pine and juniper have increased on the distant hillside. The shrubs on the hillside are mostly rubber rabbitbrush with some bitterbrush.
U.S. Forest Service photograph (153820) taken in 1921; retake by Charles E. Kay on August 9, 2003 - - Photo No. 5235-25A. Original photograph held by Southern Utah University Archives and Special Collections, Cedar City, UT.
South West: Section 15, Range 4 West, Township 36 South; UTM 393700 E, 4170400 N; elevation 7,680 ft.