- Calculating Available Forage
- Determining Stocking Rate
- Defending Your Grazing Permit
- Rangeland Management Strategies
- Pasture, Rangeland and Grazing Management
- Carbohydrate Reserves: What You Learned Maybe Wrong
- A Review of Livestock Grazing in Utah
- Case Studies: Ranches in Utah Exemplifying Sustainable Livestock Production and Range Management
Grazing Riparian Areas
- What is a riparian zone?
- Riparian Grazing Handbook
- Healthy Riparian Grazing
- Grazing Riparian Areas
- Training Livestock to Leave Streams and Use Uplands
Hay is often the greatest expense for Utah livestock operations. Grazing through the winter can significantly reduce the cost of livestock production. Think you can't graze through the winter in Utah? The publications listed below are from Montana, Nebraska, Eastern Oregon and Minnesota. We hear they have pretty tough winters too.
Do you have mature crested wheatgrass available for grazing in winter? Check out the paper and the Utah studies below.
- Supplement Allows Ranchers to Eliminate Hay Feeding and Reduce Winter Feed Costs
- Forage Kochia Tooele County
- Forage Kochia Box Elder County