Wedding season is upon us, and amidst all the planning and excitement, it’s important for couples to be sure they know each other well. Here are some important questions to ask before tying the knot.
- Do I get along well with my partner’s family?
- Does my partner have a good conscience?
- Do I have common interests with my partner?
- Can I communicate well with my partner about tough topics?
- Does my partner take time to understand my point of view, even if he/she disagrees with it?
- How does my partner deal with conflict?
- How does my partner handle money?
- Are my family values similar to my partner’s?
- Are my spiritual values and beliefs compatible with my partner’s?
- What are other people’s perceptions of my partner?
For more information and class schedules on relationships, visit Healthy Relationships Utah.
By: Naomi Brower, Utah State University Extension associate professor
USU Extension Partnership Builds Healthy Communities
Utah State University Extension was recently chosen as one of five Extension programs to lead the rest of the country in a new community health initiative. The National 4-H Council partnered with the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation with a goal to improve the health of 1,000 communities across the nation over the next 10 years.Read More
Ask an Expert: Talking Turkey - 6 Tips for Safe Preparation
It is estimated that each Thanksgiving, more than 46 million turkeys are prepared and eaten in the United States. Because of the number of turkeys prepared, food-borne illness also increases during the holidays.Read More
Ask an Expert: Four Reasons Pumpkins are the Perfect Fall Food
Pumpkins are great to use in decorating, but are just as great to use in dining. Check out this article to see why!Read More