WHAT IS A CLOVERBUD?
4-H Cloverbuds is a name given to a 4-H club membership for youth 5 to 8 years old (Kindergarten through 2nd grades). The purpose of the Cloverbuds program is similar to the regular 4-H program: helping youth become competent, caring, contributing citizens through the development of life skills.
The Cloverbuds program has six objectives:
- Develop competencies in life skills for self-understanding, social interacting, decision-making, learning to learn, and mastering physical skills.
- Gain knowledge in sciences, literature and the arts through the experimental learning process.
- Develop positive attitudes about learning.
- Develop on-going relationships with caring adults and older youth that serve as positive role models.
- Explore family and community relationships.
- Develop understanding of and appreciation for social and cultural diversity.
2015 - 2016 Meetings will begin in the fall of 2015. Watch for more information.