It seems that everyone has advice on dating. We teach a class on it! ‘How to Avoid Falling for a Jerk or Jerk-ette’ teaches everything singles should know about looking for that “someone special”. In just a few sessions this free research based course can help you with healthy dating relationships and partner selection. The core of this course revolves around keeping your head and heart in balance and is open to everyone, including singles and dating/engaged couples or anyone looking to learn more about marital and dating relationships.
The six-hour course will be divided into three two-hour sessions, Wednesday through Friday, October 24-26, from 7:00-9:00 pm in the Juab County Extension, 160 North Main. Dinner will be provided each night and the classes are free of charge.
This program empowers individuals with knowledge to make good choices in relationships by teaching students how to follow their hearts without losing their heads. Students will learn about warning signs of difficult partners, safe zones in relationships, how to really get to know your partner, lies about love, compatibility potential, and family relationships. Students will benefit for a lifetime with the information received from this course. Come and enjoy three nights of fun, food, and great information. Call Natasha at 623-1124 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
One way to really get to know someone and to practice healthy relationship behaviors is to spend time together. Here are a few fun dating ideas that are posted on strongermarriage.org under the 'Dating' section:
· ABC Date—take pictures of things starting from A to Z. Take a tripod so you can both be in the picture.
· Go for a drive searching for wildlife
· Bike riding
· Play board or card games (Monopoly, etc.)
· Play little kid’s games (Chutes and Ladders, Go Fish, etc.)
· Cook dinner together
· Go on a treasure hunt
· Plan a progressive dinner at local restaurants
· Eat dinner without any utensils
· Do a service project together
· Go sledding
· Go to a play or musical
· Go on a picnic
· Play Frisbee Golf
· Go to the zoo or aviary
· Play Four Square
· Go hiking
· Go to a drive-in movie
· Play croquet
· Make a dinner neither of you have ever tried.
· Fly a kite
· Make homemade ice cream
· Build a snowman
· Play tennis
· Plan a scavenger hunt
· Go bowling
· Use sidewalk chalk and make a mural
· Play ping pong
· Go rappelling or bungee-jumping
· Make your own music CD
· Have a snowball fight
· Draw and design your “Dream Home”
· Go fishing
· Play Hide and Seek
· Make ice cream sculptures
· Build a fire and roast hot dogs and marshmallows
· Play Guitar Hero
· Drive through a local canyon
· Dress up and go Trick-or-Treating on Halloween. Give out treats instead of taking them.
· Watch cartoons and make breakfast for dinner
· Play broom hockey
· Have a Lego building contest
· Draw pictures of each other
· Build gingerbread houses
If any of you have additional ideas for 'Fun Dates' we invite you to visit strongermarriage.org, and add your suggestions to the list.