Ask a Question
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- All of the recipes I can find for canning green beans require a pressure canner. Is there a safe way to can green beans using a boiler canner?
- Can I get my pressure cooker tested? When and where? Thanks for a great service! jh
- Can I use bay leaves or nails in my wheat to protect from insects?
- Can powdered milk have a problem with mold?
Note: These questions are a portion of the questions available at the master page .