Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can I use a wood cutting board?
Rate This FAQ
Wood cutting boards are safe if they are made from hard wood such as maple. Cutting boards make from soft wood such as pine should not be used. After using the cutting board for raw meats you should clean thoroughly with hot soapy water or in a dishwasher and then sanitize with a solution of 1 teaspoon bleach with 1 quart lukewarm water. For optimal safety have more than one cutting board in your home. Designate one to use for raw meat products and separate one to use for vegetables and fruits.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for high altitude baking?
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- Do you have a safe tomato salsa recipe that incorporates green peppers?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?