Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you substitute cooking oil for shortening/lard in a cake recipe in equal parts?
Rate This FAQ
The substitution for a cake would be in equal parts. You may want to cut back on fat and replace half with oil and half with applesauce. The moisture of the cake will be equivalent.
There are times when you can't replace shortening/butter in a recipe ---- pie crust.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Do you have tips for dealing with lactose intolerance?
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- Do you have tips on food safety after a flood?