Remember to have your pressure canner gauge tested every year for accuracy. Free testing dates will be announced as canning season approaches. You can bring your lids in any time during the year to have them tested for $1.00 per lid. Please call for an appointment (435-623-3450).
Also, make sure to process your jars for the accurate amount of time. Print off the Altitude Chart from this page (see Right-Hand menu).
Please call our office with any canning questions or concerns (Monday - Thursday 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m., except State and Federal Holidays). The websites we link to provide up-to-date, researched and SAFE information on canning and food preservation.
- Ball Home Canning
- Presto Canners
- Salsa canning instructions and recipes
- National Center for Home Food Preservation
- Using Pressure Canners
- Using Water Bath Canners
- USU Food Safety
- Freezer Bag Cooking
- Utah Altitude Chart by City
- Utah Altitude Chart by County
- USDA Canning Guide 1 Home Can Principles
- USDA Canning Guide 2 Home Can Fruits
- USDA Canning Guide 3 Home Can Tomatoes
- USDA Canning Guide 4 Home Can Vegetables
- USDA Canning Guide 5 Home Can Meats
- USDA Canning Guide 6 Home Can Pickles
- USDA Canning Guide 7 Home Can Jams