Food $ense is Utah's SNAP-Ed Program. SNAP-Ed is the nutrition education component of the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program, or SNAP, formerly knows as food stamps. The Food $ense program is offered through Utah State University Extension offices. Food $ense teaches people with limited time and money how to eat well and be active. Our classes focus on teaching participants how to make delicious and nutritious meals from foods they already have on hand. All the information you will receive in Food $ense classes is based on USDA's nutrition and physical activity guidelines.
The classes are free.
Interested in having classes taught at your location? Contact the Iron County Extension Office:435-267-1750
What can I learn?
- How to make food dollars last all month
- How to plan a menu and shop from a list
- How to prepare easy, quick and tasty meals
- How to save money on food and still eat well
- How to feed infants and children
- How to eat when you are pregnant
- How to eat a heart healthy diet
- How to keep food safe to eat
- How to use MyPlate . . . And lots, lots more
To receive further information or to enroll, call the Iron County Extension office: (435) 267-1750