What is 4-H?
The 4-H Youth Development organization nationwide is known for engaging youth as leaders and giving them the power to take action. Through Utah State University Cooperative Extension, 4-H mobilizes trained, experienced and competent educators in most counties across the state to support this community of young people who are learning leadership, citizenship and life skills.
The 4-H mission is to teach youth to reach their full potential, working and learning in partnership with caring adults.
4-H Stands for Head, Heart, Hands and Health.
Welcome to 4-H Mentoring Youth and Families with Promise!
The 4-H Mentoring: Youth and Families with Promise program (4-H YFP) is a prevention program designed to enhance the developmental assets of at-risk youth, ages 10-14. This program targets youth and families who have below-average school performance, poor social skills, and/or weak family bonds among other low risk factors. Youth are referred to the program by school counselors, teachers, and administrators, as well as other youth-serving organizations. This program consists of three components:
- One-to-one Mentoring – Volunteer mentors work directly with youth to build academic and social skills
- 4-H Activities – Club involvement serves to enhance social competencies through leadership opportunities, community service, and group project
- Family Night Out – Group activities are designed to foster family bonds through experiential learning activities
Call (435) 586-8132 to leave a telephone message for any staff member.
- Kathy Riggs – Afterschool Programs Director
- Angela Hackwell – Iron County 4-H Coordinator – (435) 559-6757
- Cheryl Williams – Site Coordinator
- Debbie Robinson – Assistant Site Coordinator
- Sarah Williams – Assistant Site Coordinator
- Melanie Stroud -- Assistant Site Coordinator
Canyon View Middle School 6th Grade
- Doneva Hecker -- Site Coordinator
- Anne Marie – Assistant Site Coordinator
- Tallon - Assistant Site Coordinator
- Nicole Treadway – Academic Counselor
Canyon View Middle School 7th & 8th Grade
Cedar Middle School 6th Grade
- Kyle Allen -- Site Coordinator
- Nicole Treadway – Assistant Site Coordinator
- Tina Riddle – Academic Counselor
Cedar Middle School 7th & 8th Grade
- Bryant Cummings – Site Coordinator
- Eric Domgaard – Assistant Site Coordinator
- Lindsey -- Academic Counselor
- Debra Johnson – Site Coordinator
- Kelsey – Assistant Site Coordinator
- Becky Hyde – Assistant Site Coordinator
- Jesse Stroud -- Site Coordinator
For comments, questions or concerns about this web page please email Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.