Ask a Question
- I have tall thin Junipers in my backyard. They resemble a Hollywood Juniper but I am not sure of their species. They are 25 years old and have begun to look like they are dying, the needles are turning brown and falling off. Is there anything I can do to save them?
- Spotted spurge is taking over my lawn. What can I do now, in these hot August temperatures, to knock back this weed problem?
- Can you suggest some hardy perennials for my landscape?
- Could you pleae identify the pine-like tree on the north side of our home? The needles are on two sides of the twig rather than on all four sides. They (the needles) are very soft and are dark green. At this time of the year (Sep), the trees bear red berries. The trees are approximately 35 years old and are 12-14 feet tall. Thank you very much for your assistance!
- Do I need to prune my trees this spring?
- Do you have information on soil testing?
- Do you have some advice on how to control mallow weeds? This has been an ongoing problem that even the powerful herbicides can only contain for just a few weeks. They always come back and completely overrun my garden. Any advice?
- Do you have some pruning tips for ornamental and shade trees?
- Do you have tips for edging my lawn?
- Do you have tips for making my yard more colorful this spring?
- Do you have tips for naturalizing a landscape with bulbs?
- Do you have tips for newly planted trees?
- Do you have tips for safely removing snow from sidewalks and driveways?
- Do you have tips for success with African violets?
- Do you have tips on firewise landscaping?
- Do you have tips on managing grasshoppers in my yard?
- Do you have tips on planting trees and shrubs?
- Do you test soil?
- Does it help to aerate in the spring and fall? Also if there is a lot of dead grass and thatch build up would it be beneficial to power rake in the spring?
- Due to the dry season, the weeds are overtaking our lawn. Besides watering, is there a weed killer I can apply when it is so hot? Is there a fertilizer or food that would help it?
- How and when can I transplant small, 6-12 inch and medium, 5 ft joshua trees? The latter is more important at this point since it would be a shame to lose it.
- How can I attract hummingbirds to my yard?
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- How can I make my lawnmower safe?
- How can I tell when my pears are ripe?