Ask a Question
- We have been putting the dog poop in the composte pile. Is this going to be bad for our composte or for our garden?
- We have planted tomato plants and used “Miracle Grow” the plants are big and healthy and have many blossoms but no tomatoes have as yet began to grow, we have seen different kinds of bees pollinating the blossoms at times. I have never had this happen before can you give us some advice concerning this? Thanks, Lewis Draney
- We have some shrubs in front of our senior center. Some are brown, others are perfectly green, and one is half green and half brown. I've taken three pictures I can e-mail if you want. Could you possibly help me diagnose the problem?
- We just moved to Davis County and want to plant our first garden. What things will grow well? What should we avoid? When should we plant? Any other basic tips about our area would be appreciated.
- We moved here recently into a brand new neighborhood and are just now having a landscape Co. come in and lay sprinklers, top soil and sod. We will be planting bushes and trees. Question: Is it a waste of money, time and effort to try to establish perennials at this late date into virgin soil? Or should I wait until spring to do that part of establishing a flower garden?
- What are some good perennials that flower all summer and do well in Utah?
- What are some good strawberry varieties to grow in our area? I would like both june-bearing and ever-bearing
- What causes plants to look dirty and lose their green color during the heat of the summer? One culprit is spider mites.
- What do I do about squash bugs?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- What is an effective way to handle squash bugs? This is the second year they have killed all our winter squash plants?
- What is the best way to get rid of morning glory in my lawn and garden?
- What is the secret to getting carrots to germinate?
- What is the shelf life of fertilizer? I have some bags that have been stored in an outside shed and wondered whether they can be used or should be discarded.
- What's eating your raspberries besides you?
- When and with what should I spray my peach and apple trees for pests?
- When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
- When can I plant peas? Should the peas be soaked before planting them?
- When do I harvest my pumpkins or squash?
- When do I pick my watermelon?
- When is the best time for transplanting Mint. I have some that is in a bad location and I need to move it.
- When is the best time to plant annual flowers outside?
- When should apple trees be sprayed and how should we go about it. Is there someone in Utah Co. who will come and do it. We have a golden apple tree that produces big, good apples when taken care of.
- when should I plaint string beans
- when should I spray a cherry tree to get rid of the little white worms. What is the best product to use in controling this problem