Ask a Question
TOPIC: Food and Nutrition
- I want to cover and leave carrots in the ground during the winter. How do I keep mice out of them?
- I was eating a pear when I noticed a small white worm about 1/4 of an inch long with a black dot on the end or head of it . Am I going to get sick? I was able to see one but not sure if there were 2 and maybe I ate one. What should I do?
- I was wondering how long to cook a 15 lb beef roast in the oven & at what temperature. Do I need to add water? Cover with foil? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
- I'm in the middle of baking cookies, the recipe calls for baking powder and I am out. Is there a substitute?
- Is it possible to grow blueberries in Utah County? If so, what do I need to do to help them thrive?
- Is it safe to defrost meat on the counter?
- Is it safe to store food in their cans in the refrigerator?
- Is there a way to can something that has cooked eggs in it (like lemon curd) and store it safely, unrefridgerated, like bottled jam. (Not just storing it for 2-3 weeks in the fridge.)
- Is tomato soup and tomato sauce safe to eat if they squirt out of the can when they are opened?
- Should I worry about pesticides on fruits and vegetables?
- The nectarines on my tree are not round and smooth; they are lumpy. Is there something I need to do for the tree?
- The power went out, is the food in my refrigerator/freezer still o.k. to eat?
- What can you tell me about the new dietary guidelines?
- What happens if you make and use a product that had weevils? Will you get sick?
- What is being done to promote healthy eating in schools?
- what is the best way to clean whole wheat? I am living in Korea and have purchased some wheat that appears to need cleaning, but I don't know how to do it/
- What is the effect of irradiation on food packaging, especially on p.v.c?
- What is the nutritional value of pickled vegetables and how much vit C etc is saved?
- What's round and orange, has a wicked smile and great health benefits?
- When the calories are listed on a food product, is that "as is" being unprepared or is that prepared? For example, bacon might list a 2 slice portion at 100 calories?
- Will you please send me a recipe for pesto?
- Would like to know how many drops in one ounce of water equals how many parts per million? Or quart ect.
- Would you answer some questions about food irradation?