Ask a Question
TOPIC: Food and Nutrition
- How can I eat healthier at fast food restaurants?
- How can I encourage nutritious eating habits in my preschooler?
- How can I ensure that my drinking water is safe?
- How can I make sure my eggs are safe?
- How do I get rid of the flour weevils that I have in my kitchen without destroying all of my boxed mixes, etc. I know I've got to spray something but is there anything that will leave the food safe for consumption?
- How do I keep my family from getting sick from food poisoning?
- How do you read the code on canned goods to determine the expiration date?
- How long can I keep leftovers in the refrigerator?
- How long can I keep meat, poultry, vegetables, etc. in the freezer?
- How many Tablespoons in a cup, quarts in a peck, etc.?
- How many tomatoes, potatoes, etc. in a pound?
- How safe are herbal medicines?
- How safe are home canned quick breads?
- I am going out of the country for a few years and will be unable to purchase powdered sugar and also tomato paste where I will be living. Is there a way I can make these things myself using very basic products?
- I am making candy and it isn't working. I heard you need to make an altitude adjustment to your thermometer, how do I do that?
- I baked a German Chocolate cake yesterday that after baking and cooling slightly, you poke holes and put sweetened condensed milk in the holes, then you put a jar of butterscotch caramel topping on. I forgot to put it in the refrigerator before going to bed. Is is okay to eat? It doesn't have the Cool Whip on top yet.
- I found weevil in my flour, I have fruit flies, or there are other pantry pests in my kitchen, what do I do?
- I have a recipe for chili sauce that has tomatoes, onion, sugar, and spices. After it has cooked down, I just put it in hot jars and put the canning lids on. Is that okay, or do I need to process in a boiling water bath?
- I have uncooked steak that's been in the fridge for about 1 week. Is it safe to cook & eat it now?
- I heard products with hydrogenated fats are bad for you. What are hydrogenated fats and can I eat them?
- I just prepared chicken and spilled juices on the counter, how do I sanitize the countertop?
- I left a pot of soup out after dinner last night; I went to bed and forgot about it. Is it safe to eat if I boil the soup really hard for a long time?
- I live in Provo Canyon and want a peach tree that grows big, wonderful, juicy, beautiful peaches (not so much for canning but for deserts). Do you have a recommendation?
- I made an apple pumpkin butter and processed it as instructed for 10 minutes in a water bath. There are air bubbles that appeared after processing. The lids have sealed and there were no other problems. Should it still be safe to store and eat?
- I purchased some sealed pouches of cornmeal in 1999. It has been stored sometimes in wrm climates nd for the last 3 years in a cool climatel Is it still good and useable? Thank you in advance. Jim Burkey