Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
In preparing my soil for vegetable gardening, I've added too much chemical fertilizer. I haven't planted anything yet. Is it too late to fix this?
Rate This FAQ
I cannot answer this, because I don't know enough details. I recommend that you have the soil tested to see how far in excess the fertilizer amounts are. You can download the instructions and form for soil analysis at the USU Analytical Laboratory website, www.usual.usu.edu.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When should I spray my apple and apricat trees to prevent worms in the fruit? What product should I use? I planted a plum tree last fall, what should I do for it now?
- I planted 2 plum trees several years ago. The 3rd year I had a huge crop. The next 2 years the leaves had what I think is peach leaf curl or at least that's how it made the leaves look. I sprayed both years with no improvement. This year I've also sprayed but after blossoming, the leafing is very sickly, the leaves done even really form, they just make tiny clusters of pale spikes that look like tiny curled leaves. Is there anything I can so short of digging them out? Can they be saved or I am better off just starting from scratch? How to I make sure what is there doesn't contaminate the new trees? Thanks.
- I would like to plant red seedless grapes. What time of the year and what variety work in Utah.
- I purchased several pepper plants from a local nursery this spring one of them I do not know if the fruit is a pepper. They are black fruit about the size of a grape, full of seeds, and they do not smell hot, all the others are jalapeno.
- I've been told that broccoli gets worms or flies in it in this area. Is this true, and if so is there a pesticide or other way to prevent these pests?
- when should I spray a cherry tree to get rid of the little white worms. What is the best product to use in controling this problem
- Do you have tips for growing cauliflower and celery?
- How many ears of corn grow on one stalk?