Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I've noticed lots of caterpillars eating the leaves of my Birch trees--they look like inchworms. I've also seen them in neighbor's trees. Is there an infestation, and what can I do about it?
Rate This FAQ
I suspect you are seeing the boxelder leafroller, but you would need to bring some to your county Extension office to have a proper diagnosis and identification.
Read about the boxelder leafroller by downloading the USU Extension publication "Boxelder Leafroller", from http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/29.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My pear tree has dead stems that curl downward. What is happening?
- I moved into my house, from out of state, with a yard full of weeds (dandelions, morning glories, etc.) When would be a good time to treat them? Before or after winter hits? Any suggestions of products to use? Thanks!
- I'm getting ready to plant grass in my back yard either this fall or in the spring. I'm wondering if dwarf fescue will grow well here in Springville, or if I would be better off planting bluegrass? I had dewarf fescue in Southern California and really liked it.
- We moved two Moab two years ago. My husband wants to grow a nut tree on the southwest side of our house that is just bare dirt and gravel now. We also want a shade tree (no fruits or nuts) in our front yard that faces South/Southeast to give our house shade. I am originally from Utah County and I miss my trees! Is there anything comparable that would grow here in the clay?
- Last year my maple tree started losing leaves. I investigated and found it full of earwigs under the bark. I killed the bugs. The bark is falling off, Can I save my tree? It is over 20 years old.
- I want to make a portion of my yard a 0scape environment. How do I prepare the area so that the grass/weeds to not take over? What tools will I need to make the soil acceptable? What time of year is best to plant new plants for this area?
- What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?
- When do I cut back my shrubs?