Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I've noticed lots of caterpillars eating the leaves of my Birch trees--they look like inchworms. I've also seen them in neighbor's trees. Is there an infestation, and what can I do about it?
Rate This FAQ
I suspect you are seeing the boxelder leafroller, but you would need to bring some to your county Extension office to have a proper diagnosis and identification.
Read about the boxelder leafroller by downloading the USU Extension publication "Boxelder Leafroller", from http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/29.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for safely removing snow from sidewalks and driveways?
- I wanted to find a herbiside for "Puncturevine" and/or "Tribulus Terrestris"...but found no place on your website to look for specific weed(s) and/or the best method to control and eliminiate them. Can you provide me with assistance on this issue?
- I have large steep slop in my backyard. I would like to plant a ground cover from seed. Is this possible. If so what kind would be best to keep weeds and bay, grow quickly and look appealing? I was wonder if Vinca Major or St johns wart would work? Thanks for your time Milt
- I was surprised when I recently spotted a snake in my yard. Aren't they most active in the fall?
- I have a large Pinion pine that we trimmed back the lower branches on last fall, The grass is not doing well there due to limited light, could I add a flower bed there instead, and if so what type of plants would do well in my VERY clay soil. Also isnt' there something about not planting flowers over/next to a tree trunk? thanks
- Do you have some pruning tips for ornamental and shade trees?
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?
- What is killing all the scrub oak and where can I find information on how to save the scrub oak I have that has not been affected by it yet?