Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Can you tell me the names of some good Apricot and peach trees to grow around here? Also, my space is limited so I just wanted to plant one of each kind of tree. Will they still be able to pollinate?
Rate This FAQ
Many varieties of apricot and peach trees are self-fertile, so they won't need a pollinator and will still produce a crop.
For apricots, find a variety that says "late blooming" - this helps avoid loss of crop to late spring frosts.
It has been many, many years since fruit tree variety trials were conducted in Utah, so there are probably many newer varieties that will perform well. Here are some of the older recommendations:
Apricot: Chinese, Moorpark, Perfection
Peach: Red Haven, Cresthaven, Gleason Elberta, Angelus
Newer variety possibilities:
Apricot: Harglow, Sungold, Moongold, Goldcot
Peach: Reliance, Intrepid
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I want to plant 4 fruit trees along the border of my garden. How much space must I give each tree between the brick wall border and between each tree? I am not sure if I should plant a semi-dwarf or dwarf tree for apricots and peaches but I would like a regular sized apple tree. Also, can Gala Apple trees grow here in Utah?
- How do I keep the little white worms out of my cherries?
- I have two new flowering pear trees that are being used as breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not sure what is eating them the leaves have large scallops taken out of them. The lower branches have been affected more than the top ones. Any ideas?
- We are trying to revive some neglected apple trees that were pretty dried out. We forked up some of the dead grass and sprinkled for a few hours. But the leaves are curled along their axis like a hark cor taco instead of being their normal flat like a tostada selves. Is this a result of too much water, not enough, insects or what?
- How do I prune cherry trees?
- When can I stop spraying my apple trees for coddling moth for the season?
- I'm trying to identify the variety of peach my father has growing in his yard. It had a medium-sized fruit which ripened the first part of September, had exceptionally sweet yellow flesh, was a freestone variety with a red center around the pit. Can you help me?
- How do I know when it is time to pick my pear tree?