Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm wondering if there is a variety of Almond tree that grows well in Davis county. And, are they self-fertile? Can they be grown near nectarines? (I've read that they shouldn't be grown near peaches as they can develop a bitter taste.)
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
- Last year I had a problem in the fall with my tomatoes cracking. I have heard that it is because of uneven watering conditions. I have also been told to plant tomatoes that are less apt to crack. Can you recommend a variety that is less likely to crack? Thanks.
- Earlier this season we sprayed with Dursban, can we still eat the fruit?
- I recently moved here from western Oregon, where they grew wonderful blueberries. Is it possible to grow blueberries here in Utah, Salt Lake County specifically? I've noticed that blueberries are not sold at the farmers' markets, and so far I haven't seen any blueberry bushes being sold in nurseries.
- We have some shrubs in front of our senior center. Some are brown, others are perfectly green, and one is half green and half brown. I've taken three pictures I can e-mail if you want. Could you possibly help me diagnose the problem?
- I have some pumpkins that are still green (October 9th). Is there any way they will become ripe?
- We just moved to Davis County and want to plant our first garden. What things will grow well? What should we avoid? When should we plant? Any other basic tips about our area would be appreciated.
- Do you have tips for growing cauliflower and celery?