Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I'm wondering if there is a variety of Almond tree that grows well in Davis county. And, are they self-fertile? Can they be grown near nectarines? (I've read that they shouldn't be grown near peaches as they can develop a bitter taste.)
Rate This FAQ
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When can I cut back my tulips and other spring bulbs?
- I would like to plant vegetables in containers this winter. What can you tell me about indoor gardening?
- I planted a garden last year and some animal kept eating it and we didn't yield anything from it. Aside from putting a fence around the garden is there anything else I could do?
- I live in Dayton,Id. I seem to have a lot of trouble with blossom end rot on my tomatoes. What could I be doing wrong? To much water not enough or wrong fertilizer? Need suggestions.
- Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
- Earlier this season we sprayed with Dursban, can we still eat the fruit?
- I have a poinsettia that is about three years old. The first year it bloomed beautifully, then last year and now this year, just before the holidays, the leaves wither and fall off. I have not changed anything carewise. It is in an ideal place, gets plenty of dark hours, no drafts, filtered sun, and just enough water. Why is it doing this?
- We just moved to Davis County and want to plant our first garden. What things will grow well? What should we avoid? When should we plant? Any other basic tips about our area would be appreciated.