Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
Rate This FAQ
What a great idea! Perhaps you could contact someone at Tracy Aviary or Liberty Park or any other park with duck ponds. Ducks will eat snails and slugs. So will chickens. If you know of someone with chickens perhaps they would take your gathered mollusks. Perhaps even the zoo would be willing to accept your donations - they are usually looking for ways to enrich their animals' lives.
Here is a website you may have already seen that discusses predators of snails and slugs: http://www.haywardm.supanet.com/predators.html
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have information on average last spring freeze dates in Utah?
- Last year I had a problem in the fall with my tomatoes cracking. I have heard that it is because of uneven watering conditions. I have also been told to plant tomatoes that are less apt to crack. Can you recommend a variety that is less likely to crack? Thanks.
- Is the use of manure safe for the vegetable garden?
- I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.
- I have two Espalier apple trees and I would like to know when is the best time to prune them and should they produce every year or do they only produce by cycle's (every so many years)?
- How can I store my fresh garden fruits and vegetables?
- I live in Dayton,Id. I seem to have a lot of trouble with blossom end rot on my tomatoes. What could I be doing wrong? To much water not enough or wrong fertilizer? Need suggestions.
- How do I go about planting yams? We have already started the roots forming in a jar of water but need to know how to plant them. Thanks for your response. Duane