Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
Rate This FAQ
What a great idea! Perhaps you could contact someone at Tracy Aviary or Liberty Park or any other park with duck ponds. Ducks will eat snails and slugs. So will chickens. If you know of someone with chickens perhaps they would take your gathered mollusks. Perhaps even the zoo would be willing to accept your donations - they are usually looking for ways to enrich their animals' lives.
Here is a website you may have already seen that discusses predators of snails and slugs: http://www.haywardm.supanet.com/predators.html
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have a reliance peach tree, 3rd year in the ground, and this year I noticed almost all of the branch tips were black, down about 3 inches. Some of the leaves started to brown spot and turn yellow, eventually falling. Also some of the branched produce fruit, but no foliage, the fruit is very weak and just falls in a light breeze. What can I do to correct this ?
- Can I grow strawberries in pots? Will they survive winter in pots? Will they produce if they only get afternoon sun? Where can I learn more on this topic?
- I am growing corn in a large garden box. My corn stalks are now five feet tall with several leaves, but none have any ears visible yet. When are ears supposed to be evident on a corn stalk?
- In preparing my soil for vegetable gardening, I've added too much chemical fertilizer. I haven't planted anything yet. Is it too late to fix this?
- I still have a lot of green tomatoes on the vine but it looks like frost is getting the better of them (the vines, not the fruit yet) the past few nights. I plan on using the tomatoes for Chili Sauce. If I pick the green tomatoes are they going to ripen inside? Is there a better way to get them ripened to use for chili sauce?
- Why are tomatoes turning black (dark) from the bottom up when they begin to ripen. They are also dark on the inside.
- I found a spider in my garden among some weeds that matches the description of a black widow except it has three distinct white dots on its back.
- How can I store my fresh garden fruits and vegetables?