Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
Rate This FAQ
What a great idea! Perhaps you could contact someone at Tracy Aviary or Liberty Park or any other park with duck ponds. Ducks will eat snails and slugs. So will chickens. If you know of someone with chickens perhaps they would take your gathered mollusks. Perhaps even the zoo would be willing to accept your donations - they are usually looking for ways to enrich their animals' lives.
Here is a website you may have already seen that discusses predators of snails and slugs: http://www.haywardm.supanet.com/predators.html
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Why do my tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom?
- I planted 2 plum trees several years ago. The 3rd year I had a huge crop. The next 2 years the leaves had what I think is peach leaf curl or at least that's how it made the leaves look. I sprayed both years with no improvement. This year I've also sprayed but after blossoming, the leafing is very sickly, the leaves done even really form, they just make tiny clusters of pale spikes that look like tiny curled leaves. Is there anything I can so short of digging them out? Can they be saved or I am better off just starting from scratch? How to I make sure what is there doesn't contaminate the new trees? Thanks.
- when should I plaint string beans
- How do I control field bind weed?
- We have some shrubs in front of our senior center. Some are brown, others are perfectly green, and one is half green and half brown. I've taken three pictures I can e-mail if you want. Could you possibly help me diagnose the problem?
- Do you have tips on pickling vegetables?
- When do I harvest my pumpkins or squash?
- Tomato Questions Answered