Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Is there some place in the Salt Lake area where I can donate my garden snails? I read that thrushes and ducks (along with many other critters such as beetles, which I don't want to introduce into my garden) will eat snails. I know I could kill the snails using a variety of methods, but it seems like somebody (not me!) might like to eat them. Ideas?
Rate This FAQ
What a great idea! Perhaps you could contact someone at Tracy Aviary or Liberty Park or any other park with duck ponds. Ducks will eat snails and slugs. So will chickens. If you know of someone with chickens perhaps they would take your gathered mollusks. Perhaps even the zoo would be willing to accept your donations - they are usually looking for ways to enrich their animals' lives.
Here is a website you may have already seen that discusses predators of snails and slugs: http://www.haywardm.supanet.com/predators.html
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I understand you have a service where you email spraying and care schedules to homeowners for home gardens and fruit trees. If so I would like to sign up. Please send me the info. Thanks, Mike
- How do I prune my raspberries?
- You have some history on the popularity of apples?
- The last few years, I have had persistent grass growth in my vegetable garden. I till the area each fall and spring, and pull out and discard all the vegetable plants. For the first couple of months, its easy to control the weeds and grass, then about 2/3 of the way through the summer, the grass starts to take over. By the time I pull out the plants in the fall, I practically have a lawn underneath them. Now that everything is pulled up, should I spray Round-up or another grass killer on the entire garden area? Or is there a better way to control the grass?
- Our neighborhood has a group that meets once a month and learns about a topic of interest. In March we are planning on learning about gardening. My question is do you have volunteers who would be willing to come out and teach us about the basics of gardening(soil prep., planting times, pest control, etc.)?
- When should I spray my apple and apricat trees to prevent worms in the fruit? What product should I use? I planted a plum tree last fall, what should I do for it now?
- How can I safely dispose of excess pesticides, including herbicides?
- How much sunlight do my raspberries need?