Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have termites that have dug into my wall between the drywall and the paint. They are also in the dirt outside the same area of wall. Can I treat these myself? If so, with what? And, do I need to replace the drywall? Thank you, Merrie Jackson
Rate This FAQ
USU Extension doesn't recommend that homeowners treat for termite infestations, unless it is a small infestation in a limited area. Read more about termites and how to treat them in the USU Extension publication titled "Subterranean Termites", available at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/8.pdf
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I prevent a wildfire from destroying my home?
- How should I bury rain gutter downspouts? How far away should the extension go away from the house? How deep should the end of the extension be?
- I rent out a condo in a very clean complex in Holladay. My new renter called me in a panic believing she has cockroaches. The service I then had spray the unit said "they had never seen cockroaches in 20 years here." She called again saying they still come out at night from under her refrigerator and dishwasher. I had her save some in a bag and overnight, something in the bag hatched and there were dozens. The adults look rather like the photo of a cockroach I downloaded from WikiPedia, but they are only about 3/4" long. Can you tell me about cockroaches in Utah? Who can I get to identify these insects? How can we get rid of them.
- We recently moved to Utah and live in Uintah Highlands. The past couple of weeks we have noticed an incredibly high concentration of a black and red beetle looking flying insect at our windows and on our house. When I say high concentration, I mean too many to count. We are not familiar with these insects and are wondering how we can get rid of them.
- Can you give me information on cleaning after a flood?
- I have some water pipes to my tub on on a outside wall. What can be done to keep them from freezing and breaking?
- How do I prevent my pipes from freezing?
- Tricks for treating halloween stains.