Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
Rate This FAQ
If the "lumps" are caused by earthworm castings, see the USU Extension publication on this topic at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/HG_Lawn_2005-01.pdf
If you're having trouble with pocket gophers, see the publication at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/NR_WS_005.pdf
Lawns that have been taken over by clump-type grasses may also feel lumpy. In this case, you may need to start over. Use a vertical mower then re-seed with a good turfgrass cultivar. See the USU Extension publication on turfgrass cultivars at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_Grass_2004_01.pdf
Aerating and top-dressing with fine-texture organic matter will help even out the soil surface over time.
Submit Your Suggestion
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have several Dwarf Blue Arctic Willows in my yard. This year they were full of some kind of wasp or bee. I waited until winter and the leaves dropped off to see if there was a hive or nest and there does not seem to be one. In looking for the nest I noticed some small black bugs on the wood. What should I do, if anything and are the two pests related in any way?
- Leaves on my maple tree have turned yellow, but the veins are green. Is this an iron problem?
- We have thousands of little green worms/caterpillars hanging from webs in our trees, eating the leaves til they are bare. What can we do to get rid of them?
- I have raspberry plants that have grown to where they will be bearing this summer. And wouldn't you know it, we are moving. I want to dig them up just before we move, say in middle to late February. Can I put them in the same type of packaging they came in when purchased and then plant them in the spring when the ground thaws. Will they still bear fruit this year?
- What fall gardening tasks will help reduce plant pests next year?
- What's killing Spruce and Pine trees in Utah?
- What trees are recommended for West Jordan (clay soil).
- I have a lawn full of spiders. When I go to the flowers beds, probably a 100 spiders run out of the grass and bed. The spiders are about 3/8 of an inch long and dark brown. I would just like to get rid of them. What is the best approach?