Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
Rate This FAQ
If the "lumps" are caused by earthworm castings, see the USU Extension publication on this topic at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/factsheet/HG_Lawn_2005-01.pdf
If you're having trouble with pocket gophers, see the publication at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/NR_WS_005.pdf
Lawns that have been taken over by clump-type grasses may also feel lumpy. In this case, you may need to start over. Use a vertical mower then re-seed with a good turfgrass cultivar. See the USU Extension publication on turfgrass cultivars at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_Grass_2004_01.pdf
Aerating and top-dressing with fine-texture organic matter will help even out the soil surface over time.
Submit Your Suggestion
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is killing the aspen trees in our forests?
- We moved two Moab two years ago. My husband wants to grow a nut tree on the southwest side of our house that is just bare dirt and gravel now. We also want a shade tree (no fruits or nuts) in our front yard that faces South/Southeast to give our house shade. I am originally from Utah County and I miss my trees! Is there anything comparable that would grow here in the clay?
- What is killing all the scrub oak and where can I find information on how to save the scrub oak I have that has not been affected by it yet?
- Is There Any Way To Eliminate Borers That Leave What Looks Like Sawdust At The Base Of Our Aspen Trees?
- Why do maple tree and burning bush leaf edges turn brown in mid-summer?
- I want to make a portion of my yard a 0scape environment. How do I prepare the area so that the grass/weeds to not take over? What tools will I need to make the soil acceptable? What time of year is best to plant new plants for this area?
- What is West Nile Virus and how can I keep myself safe from it?
- How invasive are globe willows? Also, what is the distance they should be from the septic system and water lines, etc?