Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When should apple trees be sprayed and how should we go about it. Is there someone in Utah Co. who will come and do it. We have a golden apple tree that produces big, good apples when taken care of.
Rate This FAQ
USU Extension regularly updates their online Tree Fruit Pest Advisories at http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/advisories
Take a look and see what pests are out there currently.
You can download the "Home Orchard Pest Management Guide" from this webpage: http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/factsheets/. It lists the common orchard pests and gives recommendations for managing the pests.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have some shrubs in front of our senior center. Some are brown, others are perfectly green, and one is half green and half brown. I've taken three pictures I can e-mail if you want. Could you possibly help me diagnose the problem?
- Last year I had a problem in the fall with my tomatoes cracking. I have heard that it is because of uneven watering conditions. I have also been told to plant tomatoes that are less apt to crack. Can you recommend a variety that is less likely to crack? Thanks.
- I wanted to mail order some flowers to plant. Is the end of October too late to plant flowers?
- how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
- I have had some raspberry plants in an area near my house (6' x 12') for over ten years and only in the spring do I try to gently loosen the soil with a gardening fork. I have not added anything other than some fruit oriented fertilizer or Miracle Grow in that time. Half of the section usually produces berries the size of the tip of your little finger and some grow as big as the tip of your thumb. The others are small and crumbly,which is okey of jam but not for visuals or overall production. I read that crumbliness is due to ovary infertility. How do I overcome that? Should I also be doing some thinning? Early this last spring I cut the canes to about three feet high but many of them are now close to eight feet long. What is the best way to deal with excess growth?
- I'd like to plant annual vines - do you have suggestions?
- I live in Dayton,Id. I seem to have a lot of trouble with blossom end rot on my tomatoes. What could I be doing wrong? To much water not enough or wrong fertilizer? Need suggestions.
- When, how and what do I spray my apple, cherry and peach trees with? I have inherited 7 fruit trees and I have never grown fruit trees before.