Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When should apple trees be sprayed and how should we go about it. Is there someone in Utah Co. who will come and do it. We have a golden apple tree that produces big, good apples when taken care of.
Rate This FAQ
USU Extension regularly updates their online Tree Fruit Pest Advisories at http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/advisories
Take a look and see what pests are out there currently.
You can download the "Home Orchard Pest Management Guide" from this webpage: http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/factsheets/. It lists the common orchard pests and gives recommendations for managing the pests.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have just discovered an ant colony in my outdoor herb pot. I noticed soil build up around a couple of the herbs, thyme and rosemary and also soil build up around the drain holes. This pot is 20 inches across and 15 inches deep. How can I get rid of the ants without damaging the herbs or poisoning my family? Thank you.
- When and with what should I spray my peach and apple trees for pests?
- When, how and what do I spray my apple, cherry and peach trees with? I have inherited 7 fruit trees and I have never grown fruit trees before.
- What is an effective way to handle squash bugs? This is the second year they have killed all our winter squash plants?
- I have heard that black walnut sawdust should not be used in composting. People have told me it is poisonous to other plants. Is that true. I have several bushels of sawdust and would hate to send it to the land fill, but don't want to poison my garden either.
- I understand you have a service where you email spraying and care schedules to homeowners for home gardens and fruit trees. If so I would like to sign up. Please send me the info. Thanks, Mike
- How do I get rid of squash bug?
- I have a lot of earwigs and spiders in my garden and flower beds. How can I kill them off without making my bed unsafe to plant vegetables in the future?