Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
My blue spruce shrubs are turning brown and look like they are dying. What is wrong?
Rate This FAQ
Blue spruce can suffer when soil is too wet or too dry, or when irrigation water is salty.
Here's a link to some excellent information about spruce and possible pests or environmental problems: http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/GARDEN/PLANTS/spruce.html
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am buying a new house in Salt Lake County, and the entire back yard is weeds. I want to put in a garden towards the back and fill in the rest with grass. What is the best way to kill the weeds completely, without killing the new grass and affecting the garden?
- I am looking for a native grass, or a grass that behaves as a native, does not need irrigated once established, does not need mowed, for a hill in a St.George back yard. Cottonwood trees shade the area but it also gets sun. I was going to use Buffalograss seed, but some people at a nursery in St.George said that it is too hot for Buffalograss. Do you have any suggestions?
- I am purchasing a 30 year old home with three large (15+ feet) blue spruce trees growing in the front yard. I would prefer not to cut them down, is it possible to transplant a large blue spruce in Utah? If so, who would do it and who would want them?
- Leaves on my maple tree have turned yellow, but the veins are green. Is this an iron problem?
- I have a stand of scrub oak trees in my front yard with large growths on the trunks and branches on the trees. Do you know what this is and what I can do about them?
- We have thousands of little green worms/caterpillars hanging from webs in our trees, eating the leaves til they are bare. What can we do to get rid of them?
- I have lived in a 50 year old home in Murray for 11 years. I have plants trees, bushes, perrenials, annuals, vegetables (nothing exotic). The trees seem to grow normal but a lot of the plants don't seem to grow much. They flower and look normal but not much growth. I have worked the ground a lot with mulch and commercial fertilizer but do not use manure or fish emulsion because my dog tries to eat it. What can I do to stimulate growth in my gardens?
- When do I spray my lawn for weeds?