Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have grass growing in my myrtle(I know it has another name but I can't think of it) and I would like to get out of there. How can I do that without killing the ground cover that I have?
Rate This FAQ
There are grass-specific herbicides that usually won't damage broadleaf plants. Look for post-emergent herbicides labeled to control the grass that you wish to eliminate and is safe to use on Vinca major and/or Vinca minor (if this is the ground cover you are talking about).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- How do I keep my lawn green during the hot summer months?
- When will my flowering shrubs bloom, and when should I prune them and my evergreens?
- Our scrub oak is taking over our view, but efforts to trim have resulted in visible cuts and dead branches near the cuts. Do we need a professional, or can it be done well by a lay person?
- I have a son that lives in west Eagle Mt. We Put in sod for a lawn about two years ago and for two seasons it did great. Half of it is now dead and the other half is struggling. Prior to putting down sod, the ground was thoroughly tilled and lots of compost material was added (the kind that is made available in some green recycling yards and mixed with treated effluent from the sewage treatment plant.) Nitrogen was also added to the soil and the lawn was watered regularly. What has happened and what can I do to get a good lawn here?
- What do the numbers on the fertilizer package mean?
- I moved into my house, from out of state, with a yard full of weeds (dandelions, morning glories, etc.) When would be a good time to treat them? Before or after winter hits? Any suggestions of products to use? Thanks!
- What trees are recommended for West Jordan (clay soil).