Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have grass growing in my myrtle(I know it has another name but I can't think of it) and I would like to get out of there. How can I do that without killing the ground cover that I have?
Rate This FAQ
There are grass-specific herbicides that usually won't damage broadleaf plants. Look for post-emergent herbicides labeled to control the grass that you wish to eliminate and is safe to use on Vinca major and/or Vinca minor (if this is the ground cover you are talking about).
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I saw a small, dark green, spruce tree planted next to the corner of a home in a nearby neighborhood. Are their dwarf varieties of this tree? It is not an dwarf Alberta Spuce- I have already verified this. If so, what are they called. I would like to find one for my yard.
- What is killing my lawn? It was fine in the spring, and now this summer, it is looking dead in patchy spots.
- Do you have tips on firewise landscaping?
- I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
- What do the numbers on the fertilizer package mean?
- I have a good number of my lawn customers that have a large amount of burmuda grass coming into their bluegrass lawns. I have use for 3 years a product call turflon ester, A Monterey product, containing Triclopyr at 61.6% at up to double the rate. I have been applying 3 applications per season with a backpack sprayer to spot spray the patches in the bluegrass. I am disappointed in my results. Please reply as to what to do to eradicate this problem as I think that is is very critical. I see it in most of the approx. 70 lawns that I treat. Where is it coming from??
- I was surprised when I recently spotted a snake in my yard. Aren't they most active in the fall?
- When is the best time of year to reseed my lawn? The weeds and spurge are out of control. Should I rototill the lawn to remove all the weeds first?