Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
Rate This FAQ
USU Extension does not keep a list of commercial pesticide applicators that would spray home orchards.
When hiring any pesticide applicator, be sure that they are licensed and registered. You can see a list of Commercial Pesticide Applicators at the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food webpage, http://ag.utah.gov/licenses/Cur_Lic.html
If you would like to know how to manage pests in your home orchard, USU Extension has a very useful publication titled "Home Orchard Pest Management Guide", available online at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_137pdf
In addition, the USU Extension Integrated Pest Management website offers frequently updated "Tree Fruit Advisories" so that home orchard growers will know when to watch for and spray for certain tree fruit pests. The link to that site is: http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/advisories/treefruit
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am considering a weeping willow for my back yard. I have not heard good things about them being planted in Salt Lake. What is your opinion, and would I be better going with a different species or will a willow be fine?
- We have Ray wood ash trees around our home and last year they were topped by hormworms. What do you suggest?
- Can we use rabbit droppings in our vegetable & flower gardens or is the acidity too high? How does it compare to manure?
- I am trying to find an organic solution to spraying weeds in the vegetable garden, such as morning glory. Would a mix of vinegar and lemon juice spread to the roots of the vegetables also, or could it be used? If so, do you have any information on proportions for the mix?
- I have several burning bushes and every year they start out great in the spring but later spring the leaves turn yellow, I have been adding iron to the soil around them and it seems to help a bit but it still happens every year. Could it be something else?
- I have a flame amur maple approx 5 feet high and has been planted since spring of '07. It has turned a very pale yellow color and has several branches where the leaves look like they have been burned. It is getting sufficient water. I've noticed that other flame maples stay green and I have read that it should. I don't know what is wrong with it. Help. It also did this last summer. I have applied some iron and it did green it up a little more but not much.
- Do cottenless Cottonwood shed cotton after 7 to 10 years or are they always cottonless?
- I am a landscape designer and have a client in Hyrum with an orchard of about 25 misc. fruit trees. Of course the clients want low maintenance. What is a good way to control weeds in the orchard? Turf? Bare soil and cultivation? Bark mulch? If turf is a good option, what variety? Thanks.