Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Do you have the names of companies or individuals who spray fruit trees in the spring and summer to prevent bugs and disease?
Rate This FAQ
USU Extension does not keep a list of commercial pesticide applicators that would spray home orchards.
When hiring any pesticide applicator, be sure that they are licensed and registered. You can see a list of Commercial Pesticide Applicators at the Utah Department of Agriculture and Food webpage, http://ag.utah.gov/licenses/Cur_Lic.html
If you would like to know how to manage pests in your home orchard, USU Extension has a very useful publication titled "Home Orchard Pest Management Guide", available online at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_137pdf
In addition, the USU Extension Integrated Pest Management website offers frequently updated "Tree Fruit Advisories" so that home orchard growers will know when to watch for and spray for certain tree fruit pests. The link to that site is: http://utahpests.usu.edu/ipm/htm/advisories/treefruit
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My husband mistakenly put fertilizer with a broad leaf killer in it on our garden. Is there anything we can do to grow things this year? Everything has died sadly.
- i bought my house in november it had no grass just a huge goat head problem. I have burned, scraped, and sprayed a couple of times. Three weeks ago I planted grass seed, my lawn looks great thick and about 4 inches tall, but now I have goat heads growing all over. Do you think 2-4-D weed killer would work without hurting my lawn or do you have another suggestion?
- When is it too late to prune back the tops of peach trees that have gotten too high?
- I have an apricot tree that is so heavy laden with fruit that it broke a major branch yesterday leaving me with about a half bushel of partially ripened fruit. Can any of it be saved? What should I do?
- When should I cut back spent tulips and daffadills?
- I have a large, old walnut tree in my front yard. The bark on the east/northeast side of the tree is separating from the trunk. Is this a sign of disease or other problems? And can I peel the bark off the tree or will that hurt the tree?
- I planted some fruit trees fall 2009 and am noticing tons of fruit on them already in this first year. I've heard I should pick them all and wait until the second year to let them mature. Is this right?
- My Grandmother has several apple tree saplings that she has grown from seeds. She has offered one of the saplings to us. We want to know what time of year is the best for transplanting? Should we dig it out this fall and keep it in the garage until spring? Or could we transplant at the end of September? Is there a transplanting guide? Thank You For Your Time!