Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How can I add some color to my home now that the holiday decor is gone?
Rate This FAQ
If your home looks empty and dreary after taking down the holiday decor, consider an exotic plant to help spruce things up. Many indoor plants are easy to grow and will lighten up a room with splashes of color.
* The Chinese Lantern, which is also called a flowering maple, has a maple-shaped leaf with a white edge variegation. It produces striking orange blossoms periodically and prefers a cool room (around 65 degrees) and direct southern light.
* The Bloodleaf and Purple Heart plants, both of which have red to purple colored leaves, enjoy subtle lighting.
* The Aluminum plant has silvery foliage and requires less light.
* The Snake plant is upright with a yellow variegation on the leaf edges.
* Some plants that may require a bit more attention include the Nerve plant, which has a deep green leaf with red to pink veins; the Watermelon Peperomia, which is gray-green with unusual color patterns; and the Polka Dot plant, which has pink splotches. They all need to be kept on the moist side.
* The Croton is one of the most colorful indoor plants. The leaves can display shades of red, yellow, light green, orange and almost black. They need plenty of light and should not be moved once a permanent location is found.
* The Tricolor Dracaena also needs good lighting to keep its colors of green, pink and white. The upright and palm-like appearance makes it a good choice for a corner.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- My trick-or-treaters come home with caramel candy on their costumes. How do I remove the stain?
- How can I prevent timber theft on my forest property?
- How do I keep my pipes from freezing?
- How can I snake proof my home?
- How should I bury rain gutter downspouts? How far away should the extension go away from the house? How deep should the end of the extension be?
- I got ball point ink on my pants how do I get it out?
- Do you have some tips on clothing storage?
- I built a house last year and we have ants all over. They are coming back now that the weather is warming up. What can I do to get rid of them?