Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
How can I add some color to my home now that the holiday decor is gone?
Rate This FAQ
If your home looks empty and dreary after taking down the holiday decor, consider an exotic plant to help spruce things up. Many indoor plants are easy to grow and will lighten up a room with splashes of color.
* The Chinese Lantern, which is also called a flowering maple, has a maple-shaped leaf with a white edge variegation. It produces striking orange blossoms periodically and prefers a cool room (around 65 degrees) and direct southern light.
* The Bloodleaf and Purple Heart plants, both of which have red to purple colored leaves, enjoy subtle lighting.
* The Aluminum plant has silvery foliage and requires less light.
* The Snake plant is upright with a yellow variegation on the leaf edges.
* Some plants that may require a bit more attention include the Nerve plant, which has a deep green leaf with red to pink veins; the Watermelon Peperomia, which is gray-green with unusual color patterns; and the Polka Dot plant, which has pink splotches. They all need to be kept on the moist side.
* The Croton is one of the most colorful indoor plants. The leaves can display shades of red, yellow, light green, orange and almost black. They need plenty of light and should not be moved once a permanent location is found.
* The Tricolor Dracaena also needs good lighting to keep its colors of green, pink and white. The upright and palm-like appearance makes it a good choice for a corner.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips on table etiquette?
- How can I protect my home from a wildfire?
- Do you have some tips on clothing storage?
- How do I remove mildew from fabric?
- I have termites that have dug into my wall between the drywall and the paint. They are also in the dirt outside the same area of wall. Can I treat these myself? If so, with what? And, do I need to replace the drywall? Thank you, Merrie Jackson
- Do you have snow removal tips?
- What's the best way to store fruits and vegetables?
- I got ball point ink on my pants how do I get it out?