Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted a garden last year and some animal kept eating it and we didn't yield anything from it. Aside from putting a fence around the garden is there anything else I could do?
Rate This FAQ
Fencing is probably your best protection. If there is a perimeter around the garden, a couple of dogs will help keep out deer and rabbits , but then you will need to train the dog to stay out of the garden. A fake owl may help keep the rabbits away, too.
Here is a link to a publication titled "Vertebrate Animal Pest Control". http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/pub_8245037.pdf (It's a very large file, so unless you have a fast internet connection it will take a very long time to download.)
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Do you have tips for growing cauliflower and celery?
- I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.
- How do I get rid of the subterranean creature(s) (moles?)that pushing up piles of freshly excavated dirt in all my flower beds and into my sprinkler valve boxes?
- What's eating your raspberries besides you?
- How do I get rid of morning glory?
- Our tomato plants are out of control. They have out grown the cages and are taking over the garden. What can we do?
- I have a dogwood shrub that did wonderfully well in the spring and is now slowly dying. I do deep watering once every two weeks and that seems to help but not enough. Any recommendations? It gets full sun most of the day.
- Why do my tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom?