Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted a garden last year and some animal kept eating it and we didn't yield anything from it. Aside from putting a fence around the garden is there anything else I could do?
Rate This FAQ
Fencing is probably your best protection. If there is a perimeter around the garden, a couple of dogs will help keep out deer and rabbits , but then you will need to train the dog to stay out of the garden. A fake owl may help keep the rabbits away, too.
Here is a link to a publication titled "Vertebrate Animal Pest Control". http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/pub_8245037.pdf (It's a very large file, so unless you have a fast internet connection it will take a very long time to download.)
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- I've been told that broccoli gets worms or flies in it in this area. Is this true, and if so is there a pesticide or other way to prevent these pests?
- How do I get rid of snails and slugs?
- What is the best way to get rid of morning glory in my lawn and garden?
- I have a reliance peach tree, 3rd year in the ground, and this year I noticed almost all of the branch tips were black, down about 3 inches. Some of the leaves started to brown spot and turn yellow, eventually falling. Also some of the branched produce fruit, but no foliage, the fruit is very weak and just falls in a light breeze. What can I do to correct this ?
- We have been putting the dog poop in the composte pile. Is this going to be bad for our composte or for our garden?
- The last few years, I have had persistent grass growth in my vegetable garden. I till the area each fall and spring, and pull out and discard all the vegetable plants. For the first couple of months, its easy to control the weeds and grass, then about 2/3 of the way through the summer, the grass starts to take over. By the time I pull out the plants in the fall, I practically have a lawn underneath them. Now that everything is pulled up, should I spray Round-up or another grass killer on the entire garden area? Or is there a better way to control the grass?
- Tomato Questions Answered