Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted a garden last year and some animal kept eating it and we didn't yield anything from it. Aside from putting a fence around the garden is there anything else I could do?
Rate This FAQ
Fencing is probably your best protection. If there is a perimeter around the garden, a couple of dogs will help keep out deer and rabbits , but then you will need to train the dog to stay out of the garden. A fake owl may help keep the rabbits away, too.
Here is a link to a publication titled "Vertebrate Animal Pest Control". http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/pub_8245037.pdf (It's a very large file, so unless you have a fast internet connection it will take a very long time to download.)
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How can I stay on top of yard and garden problems?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- How do I get rid of morning glory?
- I have a climbing rose that I love and would like to take a cutting and start a new plant. What is the best way to do that?
- Do you have tips for growing cauliflower and celery?
- Can I recycle garden waste without composting?
- Is it possible to eradicate puncture vine by sterilizing the soil with solar energy through plastic or glass?
- I would like to fertilize for weeds, but it has been so hot lately. Is there anything I can do this time of the year to kill weeds in my lawn, and if so, should I use granules or a spray?