Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted a garden last year and some animal kept eating it and we didn't yield anything from it. Aside from putting a fence around the garden is there anything else I could do?
Rate This FAQ
Fencing is probably your best protection. If there is a perimeter around the garden, a couple of dogs will help keep out deer and rabbits , but then you will need to train the dog to stay out of the garden. A fake owl may help keep the rabbits away, too.
Here is a link to a publication titled "Vertebrate Animal Pest Control". http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/pub_8245037.pdf (It's a very large file, so unless you have a fast internet connection it will take a very long time to download.)
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I left my carrots in the ground over winter this year without mulching them. Now it is May and they have resumed growing. We pulled a few out and, other than a little bit of woodiness they seem to be okay. Is it safe to eat carrots that have been left so long in the ground with no mulch?
- How much sunlight do my raspberries need?
- When and with what should I spray my peach and apple trees for pests?
- How do I get rid of morning glory?
- When is the best time to plant annual flowers outside?
- I planted 2 plum trees several years ago. The 3rd year I had a huge crop. The next 2 years the leaves had what I think is peach leaf curl or at least that's how it made the leaves look. I sprayed both years with no improvement. This year I've also sprayed but after blossoming, the leafing is very sickly, the leaves done even really form, they just make tiny clusters of pale spikes that look like tiny curled leaves. Is there anything I can so short of digging them out? Can they be saved or I am better off just starting from scratch? How to I make sure what is there doesn't contaminate the new trees? Thanks.
- My tomato plants look beautiful. However, most of the tomatoes, when they start to turn red, they also start to spoil and turn black from the bottom up. Why is that? Could it be bugs or too much water?
- do ants eat one another?