Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I planted a garden last year and some animal kept eating it and we didn't yield anything from it. Aside from putting a fence around the garden is there anything else I could do?
Rate This FAQ
Fencing is probably your best protection. If there is a perimeter around the garden, a couple of dogs will help keep out deer and rabbits , but then you will need to train the dog to stay out of the garden. A fake owl may help keep the rabbits away, too.
Here is a link to a publication titled "Vertebrate Animal Pest Control". http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/pub_8245037.pdf (It's a very large file, so unless you have a fast internet connection it will take a very long time to download.)
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I get rid of squash bug?
- We moved here recently into a brand new neighborhood and are just now having a landscape Co. come in and lay sprinklers, top soil and sod. We will be planting bushes and trees. Question: Is it a waste of money, time and effort to try to establish perennials at this late date into virgin soil? Or should I wait until spring to do that part of establishing a flower garden?
- I need info on the care and maintenance of a Christmas Poinsetta. In the past I have lost them and really wish to keep this one alive to add to my current household of plants.
- What are some good perennials that flower all summer and do well in Utah?
- I would like to plant vegetables in containers this winter. What can you tell me about indoor gardening?
- Moved to a new location in Riverton and started a garden. This spring I added compost and steer manure. The garden is watered using secondary irrigation. The leaves on the beans, corn, and strawberries turn yellow with a burned look on the outer edges of the leaves and then the plant dies. The tomatoes and melon plants all seem to be doing well. Any idea's?
- How do I get rid of morning glory?
- A week ago I was given an easter lily with white trumpet flowers. The plant was very dry, so I watered it, and it dose seem healthy. The blossoms are gone. 1) What, where and when is the best time to plant outside? I would like to plant it in a pot with other flowers. 2) The spot is quite shady, gets a little sun, will it be ok? 3) How should I winterize the plant when it gets cold, so I can have it come out nicely next year? 4) Will it multiply, where I can get other plants? or, How can I plant other starts from the plant? 5) Is there literature on growing easter lilys in Utah? 6) Can I expect blossoms again this summer or fall?