Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have some shrubs that have been dying off in a wierd manner. Just sections at a time will completly die in a matter of a day or so, not even time to try and treat it. There are no outward signs of bugs and the rest of the shrub will be perfectly healthy. It has done this to more than one of my shrubs and also done this to more than one kind of shrub. It started last summer where I lost part of a couple and one hole shrub. I thought I had it taken care of by the end of the summer but when I mowed last week for the first time I noticed I have almost totaly lost another and there are spots on some others. The plants have been here for as many as 10 years or so and are very well taken care of. The only thing I can think of is about 3 years ago I put new plastic down and new bark, could the new plastic cause this.
Rate This FAQ
Your question is hard to answer because there is a lot of critical information missing. I suggest that you bring in specimens of the dying shrubs to your county Extension office, along with some photos of the entire planting area so that an Extension Agent or Master Gardener Volunteer can assist you with diagnosing the problem.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I still have a lot of green tomatoes on the vine but it looks like frost is getting the better of them (the vines, not the fruit yet) the past few nights. I plan on using the tomatoes for Chili Sauce. If I pick the green tomatoes are they going to ripen inside? Is there a better way to get them ripened to use for chili sauce?
- What's eating your raspberries besides you?
- How much sunlight do my raspberries need?
- Do you have information on average last spring freeze dates in Utah?
- I wanted to mail order some flowers to plant. Is the end of October too late to plant flowers?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- You might be a gardener if...
- I have a reliance peach tree, 3rd year in the ground, and this year I noticed almost all of the branch tips were black, down about 3 inches. Some of the leaves started to brown spot and turn yellow, eventually falling. Also some of the branched produce fruit, but no foliage, the fruit is very weak and just falls in a light breeze. What can I do to correct this ?