Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have some shrubs that have been dying off in a wierd manner. Just sections at a time will completly die in a matter of a day or so, not even time to try and treat it. There are no outward signs of bugs and the rest of the shrub will be perfectly healthy. It has done this to more than one of my shrubs and also done this to more than one kind of shrub. It started last summer where I lost part of a couple and one hole shrub. I thought I had it taken care of by the end of the summer but when I mowed last week for the first time I noticed I have almost totaly lost another and there are spots on some others. The plants have been here for as many as 10 years or so and are very well taken care of. The only thing I can think of is about 3 years ago I put new plastic down and new bark, could the new plastic cause this.
Rate This FAQ
Your question is hard to answer because there is a lot of critical information missing. I suggest that you bring in specimens of the dying shrubs to your county Extension office, along with some photos of the entire planting area so that an Extension Agent or Master Gardener Volunteer can assist you with diagnosing the problem.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have just discovered an ant colony in my outdoor herb pot. I noticed soil build up around a couple of the herbs, thyme and rosemary and also soil build up around the drain holes. This pot is 20 inches across and 15 inches deep. How can I get rid of the ants without damaging the herbs or poisoning my family? Thank you.
- I have some pumpkins that are still green (October 9th). Is there any way they will become ripe?
- Why are tomatoes turning black (dark) from the bottom up when they begin to ripen. They are also dark on the inside.
- Should I rotate my vegetable crops?
- Earlier this season we sprayed with Dursban, can we still eat the fruit?
- How do I get rid of the subterranean creature(s) (moles?)that pushing up piles of freshly excavated dirt in all my flower beds and into my sprinkler valve boxes?
- Do you have tips for growing cauliflower and celery?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??