Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I have some shrubs that have been dying off in a wierd manner. Just sections at a time will completly die in a matter of a day or so, not even time to try and treat it. There are no outward signs of bugs and the rest of the shrub will be perfectly healthy. It has done this to more than one of my shrubs and also done this to more than one kind of shrub. It started last summer where I lost part of a couple and one hole shrub. I thought I had it taken care of by the end of the summer but when I mowed last week for the first time I noticed I have almost totaly lost another and there are spots on some others. The plants have been here for as many as 10 years or so and are very well taken care of. The only thing I can think of is about 3 years ago I put new plastic down and new bark, could the new plastic cause this.
Rate This FAQ
Your question is hard to answer because there is a lot of critical information missing. I suggest that you bring in specimens of the dying shrubs to your county Extension office, along with some photos of the entire planting area so that an Extension Agent or Master Gardener Volunteer can assist you with diagnosing the problem.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When is the best time for transplanting Mint. I have some that is in a bad location and I need to move it.
- When is the best time to plant annual flowers outside?
- They sell blueberry bushes at Costco. Can they grow in Utah and if so what kind of soil prep is needed?
- I would like to know the cost of nematodes for flower gardens and where I might be able to purchase some or have some mailed to me here in Farmington. Is there somewhere along the Wasatch Front I can purchase this type of nematodes?
- I want to put pre emergent down on my garden to control weeds and the tomato seeds from last year. The snow has melted. Is now the time and what should I use?
- What is the best way to get rid of morning glory in my lawn and garden?
- How can I safely dispose of excess pesticides, including herbicides?
- I would like to fertilize for weeds, but it has been so hot lately. Is there anything I can do this time of the year to kill weeds in my lawn, and if so, should I use granules or a spray?