Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the best time time to water my lawn? I've heard it's better in the evening because it gives time to soak in and I've heard morning because if you do it at night the lawn will get moldy. Thanks.
Rate This FAQ
Basic Turfgrass Care, at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_517.pdf
Efficient Irrigation of Trees and Shrubs, at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG-523.pdf
Utah Division of Water Resources Weather Data, at http://www.conservewater.utah.gov/et/etsite/default.asp?summary.htm
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I am an architect, working with a client who wants to hydroseed a 2.5 acre parcel for use as a softball field. The area is currently planted in alfalfa. There will be some regrading (both cut and fill) of the field that will be required. The client would still like to hydroseed this year, likely near the end of September. Do we need to call for the alfalfa to be treated with a herbicide? If so, what is the process, and what herbicide should be used? Is there a waiting period between application of the herbicide and the hydroseeding? Must the herbicide be applied to the above-grade plants, or can the site first be cleared, then the herbicide applied to the gound and roots?
- I bought an azaleas from costco. How do I take care of it?
- What do the numbers on the fertilizer package mean?
- I was surprised when I recently spotted a snake in my yard. Aren't they most active in the fall?
- We live in West Jordan in an area with very clay soil. We would like to plant some low-lying evergreen shrubs in a narrow strip between our RV pad and a short vinyl fence. Do you have any plant recommendations that will work in our soil and don't require a lot of maintenence?
- I purchased a white and pink dog wood from the nursery at Lowe's. We planted it according to directions about two weeks ago and I don't see any new growth on it at all yet. I broke off a few small twigs and it is still green. They are only about 4 feet high and were in pots when purchased. There were no leaves on them only bare branches. How long does it take to see if they are growing properly since they are guaranteed if they die. Thank you
- How can I conserve water and still have a nice lawn?
- We moved two Moab two years ago. My husband wants to grow a nut tree on the southwest side of our house that is just bare dirt and gravel now. We also want a shade tree (no fruits or nuts) in our front yard that faces South/Southeast to give our house shade. I am originally from Utah County and I miss my trees! Is there anything comparable that would grow here in the clay?