Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the best time time to water my lawn? I've heard it's better in the evening because it gives time to soak in and I've heard morning because if you do it at night the lawn will get moldy. Thanks.
Rate This FAQ
Basic Turfgrass Care, at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG_517.pdf
Efficient Irrigation of Trees and Shrubs, at http://extension.usu.edu/files/publications/publication/HG-523.pdf
Utah Division of Water Resources Weather Data, at http://www.conservewater.utah.gov/et/etsite/default.asp?summary.htm
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I prune my roses?
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?
- I have grass growing in my myrtle(I know it has another name but I can't think of it) and I would like to get out of there. How can I do that without killing the ground cover that I have?
- I have read that one should water infrequently and then water to penetrate 6 to 10 inches especially if one has necrotic ring spot. I live in Sandy where the top soil is only four inches and then sand and rock. Does it make sense to water 6 to 8 inches? Also does necrotic ring spot live in sandy rocky soil? Is it possible to control or eliminate the necrotic ring spot by using a service or must I excavate and if so to what extent?
- Something is digging up my bulbs (tulips, daffs, etc.) and eating them. I know I have a squirrel in my yard, but do they eat bulbs? What else would dig things up and eat them?
- I was surprised when I recently spotted a snake in my yard. Aren't they most active in the fall?
- Due to the dry season, the weeds are overtaking our lawn. Besides watering, is there a weed killer I can apply when it is so hot? Is there a fertilizer or food that would help it?
- we would like to plant a cherry tree in our backyard for the fruit and the shade. what would be the proper kind to purchase,we like sweet cherries.