Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I plant peas? Should the peas be soaked before planting them?
Rate This FAQ
You can plant peas in the spring with the average planting time of March 15 to May 15. It is one of the first cool season crops that you can plant.
Varieties that do well in Utah include Early Frosty, Lincoln, Patriot, Banquet
Edible Podded: Oregon Sugar Pod, Little Sweetie, Mammoth Melting Sugar
Snap Peas: Sugar Ann, Sugar Snap, Sugar Daddy
There are other, newer varieties that would probably also do very well.
I hope this will be of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When and with what should I spray my peach and apple trees for pests?
- In preparing my soil for vegetable gardening, I've added too much chemical fertilizer. I haven't planted anything yet. Is it too late to fix this?
- Our neighborhood has a group that meets once a month and learns about a topic of interest. In March we are planning on learning about gardening. My question is do you have volunteers who would be willing to come out and teach us about the basics of gardening(soil prep., planting times, pest control, etc.)?
- How do I get rid of the subterranean creature(s) (moles?)that pushing up piles of freshly excavated dirt in all my flower beds and into my sprinkler valve boxes?
- Winter Vegetable Gardening
- I wanted to mail order some flowers to plant. Is the end of October too late to plant flowers?
- I would like to fertilize for weeds, but it has been so hot lately. Is there anything I can do this time of the year to kill weeds in my lawn, and if so, should I use granules or a spray?
- when should I spray a cherry tree to get rid of the little white worms. What is the best product to use in controling this problem