Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I plant peas? Should the peas be soaked before planting them?
Rate This FAQ
You can plant peas in the spring with the average planting time of March 15 to May 15. It is one of the first cool season crops that you can plant.
Varieties that do well in Utah include Early Frosty, Lincoln, Patriot, Banquet
Edible Podded: Oregon Sugar Pod, Little Sweetie, Mammoth Melting Sugar
Snap Peas: Sugar Ann, Sugar Snap, Sugar Daddy
There are other, newer varieties that would probably also do very well.
I hope this will be of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What is the best way to get rid of morning glory in my lawn and garden?
- Why do my tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom?
- Do you have tips for growing cauliflower and celery?
- How do I store my summer bulbs?
- I understand you have a service where you email spraying and care schedules to homeowners for home gardens and fruit trees. If so I would like to sign up. Please send me the info. Thanks, Mike
- When should apple trees be sprayed and how should we go about it. Is there someone in Utah Co. who will come and do it. We have a golden apple tree that produces big, good apples when taken care of.
- I would like to plant vegetables in containers this winter. What can you tell me about indoor gardening?
- I have a lot of earwigs and spiders in my garden and flower beds. How can I kill them off without making my bed unsafe to plant vegetables in the future?