Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I plant peas? Should the peas be soaked before planting them?
Rate This FAQ
You can plant peas in the spring with the average planting time of March 15 to May 15. It is one of the first cool season crops that you can plant.
Varieties that do well in Utah include Early Frosty, Lincoln, Patriot, Banquet
Edible Podded: Oregon Sugar Pod, Little Sweetie, Mammoth Melting Sugar
Snap Peas: Sugar Ann, Sugar Snap, Sugar Daddy
There are other, newer varieties that would probably also do very well.
I hope this will be of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How do I go about planting yams? We have already started the roots forming in a jar of water but need to know how to plant them. Thanks for your response. Duane
- I have a climbing rose that I love and would like to take a cutting and start a new plant. What is the best way to do that?
- How do I get rid of squash bug?
- Do you have information on water-wise annuals?
- I have heard that black walnut sawdust should not be used in composting. People have told me it is poisonous to other plants. Is that true. I have several bushels of sawdust and would hate to send it to the land fill, but don't want to poison my garden either.
- I have a poinsettia that is about three years old. The first year it bloomed beautifully, then last year and now this year, just before the holidays, the leaves wither and fall off. I have not changed anything carewise. It is in an ideal place, gets plenty of dark hours, no drafts, filtered sun, and just enough water. Why is it doing this?
- I have two Espalier apple trees and I would like to know when is the best time to prune them and should they produce every year or do they only produce by cycle's (every so many years)?
- What are some good perennials that flower all summer and do well in Utah?