Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I plant peas? Should the peas be soaked before planting them?
Rate This FAQ
You can plant peas in the spring with the average planting time of March 15 to May 15. It is one of the first cool season crops that you can plant.
Varieties that do well in Utah include Early Frosty, Lincoln, Patriot, Banquet
Edible Podded: Oregon Sugar Pod, Little Sweetie, Mammoth Melting Sugar
Snap Peas: Sugar Ann, Sugar Snap, Sugar Daddy
There are other, newer varieties that would probably also do very well.
I hope this will be of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I understand you have a service where you email spraying and care schedules to homeowners for home gardens and fruit trees. If so I would like to sign up. Please send me the info. Thanks, Mike
- Do you have information on average last spring freeze dates in Utah?
- I want to find out about the master gardener program, my computer wont let me link, can you give me more info or a different link address or something. I want to know sign up date class times, location, cost and if aid is available. Thanks so much for your help.
- Are pine needles a good top mulch or addition to my compost pile? Others have said pine needles are poisonous. I live in Washington Terrace and my soil is sandy by nature.
- What's eating your raspberries besides you?
- I have two Espalier apple trees and I would like to know when is the best time to prune them and should they produce every year or do they only produce by cycle's (every so many years)?
- I have just discovered an ant colony in my outdoor herb pot. I noticed soil build up around a couple of the herbs, thyme and rosemary and also soil build up around the drain holes. This pot is 20 inches across and 15 inches deep. How can I get rid of the ants without damaging the herbs or poisoning my family? Thank you.
- I have a lot of earwigs and spiders in my garden and flower beds. How can I kill them off without making my bed unsafe to plant vegetables in the future?