Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When can I plant peas? Should the peas be soaked before planting them?
Rate This FAQ
You can plant peas in the spring with the average planting time of March 15 to May 15. It is one of the first cool season crops that you can plant.
Varieties that do well in Utah include Early Frosty, Lincoln, Patriot, Banquet
Edible Podded: Oregon Sugar Pod, Little Sweetie, Mammoth Melting Sugar
Snap Peas: Sugar Ann, Sugar Snap, Sugar Daddy
There are other, newer varieties that would probably also do very well.
I hope this will be of help to you.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I wanted to mail order some flowers to plant. Is the end of October too late to plant flowers?
- I planted a garden last year and some animal kept eating it and we didn't yield anything from it. Aside from putting a fence around the garden is there anything else I could do?
- What is the shelf life of fertilizer? I have some bags that have been stored in an outside shed and wondered whether they can be used or should be discarded.
- How can I safely dispose of excess pesticides, including herbicides?
- We have been putting the dog poop in the composte pile. Is this going to be bad for our composte or for our garden?
- Do you have tips for growing water lilies?
- I found a spider in my garden among some weeds that matches the description of a black widow except it has three distinct white dots on its back.
- How do I get rid of snails and slugs?