Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I need to buy some tree spacers to reshape my fruit trees. Where can I buy tree spacers?
Rate This FAQ
I have seen some fruit tree spreader bars in the Stark Brothers catalog, and I suppose they are also available in other fruit tree catalogs.
You can make them yourself with sturdy tree branches that have been pruned from a tree. First figure out where you want to lodge the spreader bar then cut the dead limb to fit. You can attach it to the tree by two different methods:
cut both ends flush, drill a pilot hole in the end and screw in a one and one-half or two inch screw. Cut or file the screw head off and sharpen the end to a point. Then jab the pointy ends into the tree branch and/or trunk so it will stay secure. If you make only one small hole in the branch, it will not cause significant damage to that branch.
cut both ends in notches, then secure it into place on the tree by fitting the notched ends into branch crotches.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Can you please give me an idea of when I need to spray my fruit trees (I have one each of nectarine, peach, apricot, apple and cherry).Can you let me know when, based on the weather in Cache county? What is the name of the best spray to use?
- We recently replaced our driveway and it now within a foot of two 10 year old Linden trees. Are the trees too close to the driveway? Will the root system eventually break up the concrete?
- Can GF-120 be used by home gardeners to control Cherry fruit fly? How should it be applied?
- We have scrub oak in our back yard. Almost overnight we have thousands of little green worms that have made webs over the leaves of the trees and are eating every green leaf in sight! Help! What do we do???
- How do I know when it is time to pick my pear tree?
- Apricots and peaches--what causes the reddish or purple-brown spots on new leaves, buds, shoots and fruit?
- Do I have borers in my peach trees?
- Can you plant ONE apple tree and get fruit? Everyone says you have to plant two different varieties, but I only have room for one tree.