Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I need to buy some tree spacers to reshape my fruit trees. Where can I buy tree spacers?
Rate This FAQ
I have seen some fruit tree spreader bars in the Stark Brothers catalog, and I suppose they are also available in other fruit tree catalogs.
You can make them yourself with sturdy tree branches that have been pruned from a tree. First figure out where you want to lodge the spreader bar then cut the dead limb to fit. You can attach it to the tree by two different methods:
cut both ends flush, drill a pilot hole in the end and screw in a one and one-half or two inch screw. Cut or file the screw head off and sharpen the end to a point. Then jab the pointy ends into the tree branch and/or trunk so it will stay secure. If you make only one small hole in the branch, it will not cause significant damage to that branch.
cut both ends in notches, then secure it into place on the tree by fitting the notched ends into branch crotches.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What dwarf nectarine (or semi-dwarf) will grow well in SL County (on the East Bench)? Also, how much space will it need when fully mature?
- I have two new flowering pear trees that are being used as breakfast, lunch and dinner. I am not sure what is eating them the leaves have large scallops taken out of them. The lower branches have been affected more than the top ones. Any ideas?
- When shall I prune my fruit trees?
- A large branch has died on my apple tree. What could have killed it?
- How do I get rid of codling moth?
- I have a grove of plum trees that make a nice addition to the landscape, but too much fruit is a problem. Is there something to treat the tree with so it doesn't produce fruit?
- I seem to have terrible luck with cherry trees. I have 2 questions. first, Since they have taken away Diazinon as a root borer killer, how do I manage root borer? Second, I live in the city and have irrigation water going to my yard and garden. How do I water them. I'm afraid one tree, that sits to the back of my garden is getting a lot of water when I flood my tomatoes. Do they not like flooding. How can I protect this tree? How should I water my other cherry trees planted away from my veg garden. I got two montmaurancy trees last year and they both died. I love cherry trees and I need HELP
- I'm trying to identify the variety of peach my father has growing in his yard. It had a medium-sized fruit which ripened the first part of September, had exceptionally sweet yellow flesh, was a freestone variety with a red center around the pit. Can you help me?