Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I need to buy some tree spacers to reshape my fruit trees. Where can I buy tree spacers?
Rate This FAQ
I have seen some fruit tree spreader bars in the Stark Brothers catalog, and I suppose they are also available in other fruit tree catalogs.
You can make them yourself with sturdy tree branches that have been pruned from a tree. First figure out where you want to lodge the spreader bar then cut the dead limb to fit. You can attach it to the tree by two different methods:
cut both ends flush, drill a pilot hole in the end and screw in a one and one-half or two inch screw. Cut or file the screw head off and sharpen the end to a point. Then jab the pointy ends into the tree branch and/or trunk so it will stay secure. If you make only one small hole in the branch, it will not cause significant damage to that branch.
cut both ends in notches, then secure it into place on the tree by fitting the notched ends into branch crotches.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I seem to have terrible luck with cherry trees. I have 2 questions. first, Since they have taken away Diazinon as a root borer killer, how do I manage root borer? Second, I live in the city and have irrigation water going to my yard and garden. How do I water them. I'm afraid one tree, that sits to the back of my garden is getting a lot of water when I flood my tomatoes. Do they not like flooding. How can I protect this tree? How should I water my other cherry trees planted away from my veg garden. I got two montmaurancy trees last year and they both died. I love cherry trees and I need HELP
- Can you plant ONE apple tree and get fruit? Everyone says you have to plant two different varieties, but I only have room for one tree.
- A large branch has died on my apple tree. What could have killed it?
- my pear trees leaves are drying up and falling off and now an oily sap is coming from trunk is this normal activity for prefall, if not what is problem?
- I want to plant 4 fruit trees along the border of my garden. How much space must I give each tree between the brick wall border and between each tree? I am not sure if I should plant a semi-dwarf or dwarf tree for apricots and peaches but I would like a regular sized apple tree. Also, can Gala Apple trees grow here in Utah?
- I have a grove of plum trees that make a nice addition to the landscape, but too much fruit is a problem. Is there something to treat the tree with so it doesn't produce fruit?
- What is the best way to tell when a d'Anjou pear is ready to harvest?
- When can I stop spraying my apple trees for coddling moth for the season?