Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
Rate This FAQ
The best time to plant grass in the spring will be April or May depending on
where you are in the state. In St. George, you may be able to plant as
early as March.
In any case, as the weather begins to warm during those months, you are safe
to plant grass seed. A starter fertilizer will be helpful to the grass at
that time and may be applied at a rate of 1 pound per thousand square feet.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an infestation of red ants in my retaining wall area where I also have plants. What is the best way to get rid of the red ants so I can weed etc. in that area?
- My lawn is really struggling with the heat and drought. Is there a point when it just won't recover?
- I live in Toquerville, 20 miles north of St. George, but still just as hot. I'd like to plant a medium to large tree in my front yard to shade the garage a little. There is no grass, no regular water. I will be watering it by hand/hose until it's established & then would like something that could tolerate hot, dry summers. Maybe the Texas Honey Mesquite or African Sumac. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- What is West Nile Virus and how can I keep myself safe from it?
- How late in the fall should I water trees and shrubs?
- I wanted to find a herbiside for "Puncturevine" and/or "Tribulus Terrestris"...but found no place on your website to look for specific weed(s) and/or the best method to control and eliminiate them. Can you provide me with assistance on this issue?
- How do I prune my roses?