Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
Rate This FAQ
The best time to plant grass in the spring will be April or May depending on
where you are in the state. In St. George, you may be able to plant as
early as March.
In any case, as the weather begins to warm during those months, you are safe
to plant grass seed. A starter fertilizer will be helpful to the grass at
that time and may be applied at a rate of 1 pound per thousand square feet.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?
- How do I prune my roses?
- I have rings in my lawn that are about two feet wide. I suspect they are fairy ring, but the description for fairy ring doesn't quite fit. The inside of the circle is not lush and green, it looks the same as the rest of the lawn. There is just a semi-dead cirle surrounding good lawn. Do you have any help for me.
- I live in rose park and am selecting trees to add to my backyard. I have full sun and dark rich soil. I want a good shade tree but am not sure what would be best. I have been looking at different types of maple trees but am wary about their growth rates. Are there any trees that you could recommend?
- My roses and boxelder trees have sticky (sap) leaves, what is causing this problem?
- I am looking for a native grass, or a grass that behaves as a native, does not need irrigated once established, does not need mowed, for a hill in a St.George back yard. Cottonwood trees shade the area but it also gets sun. I was going to use Buffalograss seed, but some people at a nursery in St.George said that it is too hot for Buffalograss. Do you have any suggestions?
- We have a large pine tree in our yard that looks like it is dying. Can someone from extension come and look at it and tell me if it is dying or if this summer's heat has just caused it to withdraw in. It gets south and west sunlight all day long. Thanks