Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
Rate This FAQ
The best time to plant grass in the spring will be April or May depending on
where you are in the state. In St. George, you may be able to plant as
early as March.
In any case, as the weather begins to warm during those months, you are safe
to plant grass seed. A starter fertilizer will be helpful to the grass at
that time and may be applied at a rate of 1 pound per thousand square feet.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- Is it healthy for Kentucky Bluegrass to be kept at a cutting height of 2 inches if a reel mower (as opposed to a mower with rotary blades) is used?
- Is it workable to grow scrub oak from acorns, and if so, I'd appreciate direction. I live near Foothill Drive in SLC.
- We have clover infesting our grass. Each clover plant has these pod-like objects, that when picked or brushed up against causes white larva-like and red seeds to hop or pop off. The red seeds stick to skin and clothing and is irritating to the skin. The clovers also have little yellow flowers that sprout. How do we get rid of these clovers so we might play and use our lawn again. How do you keep them from coming back?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- When do I cut back my shrubs?
- Do you have tips on firewise landscaping?
- My lawn is really struggling with the heat and drought. Is there a point when it just won't recover?
- What are the best cures for fungus type lawn diseases. We've tried infrequent deeper watering, which makes it worse, higher mowing in the hotter months, airation shoes, and everthing else suggested. We know we have clay under the topsoil.