Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
When is the best time to plant my grass in the spring? And how much fertilizer should I put on if any?
Rate This FAQ
The best time to plant grass in the spring will be April or May depending on
where you are in the state. In St. George, you may be able to plant as
early as March.
In any case, as the weather begins to warm during those months, you are safe
to plant grass seed. A starter fertilizer will be helpful to the grass at
that time and may be applied at a rate of 1 pound per thousand square feet.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- There are brown spots in my lawn every summer, some are round and others are ribbon shaped. What can I do to prevent this problem?
- I need to know what is best for killing vines? I have a fence full and I would like to get rid of them.
- How do I kill gophers in my lawn?
- What is killing my lawn? It was fine in the spring, and now this summer, it is looking dead in patchy spots.
- What is killing the aspen trees in our forests?
- What tasks should I be doing now in my orchard?
- Can you suggest some hardy perennials for my landscape?
- Do you have some pruning tips for ornamental and shade trees?