Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
Rate This FAQ
For your lawn, I would recommend a blend of tall and fine fescues. These are both cool season grass species and will maintain their color as long as any other grass. In addition, they are both shade tolerant, especially the fine fescues. Contact a local nursery or seed supplier to find out which varieties are readily available. Two tall fescue varieties and two fine fescue varieties should be plenty.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have 2 cottonless cottonwoods in my back yard. They are both about 7 years old. I noticed this spring that the trees have really grown tall but on the main limbs in the middle of the trees there are no limbs coming from them. I also find little pieces of new branches all over my lawn like they have come off right at the base where they connect to the tree. There are also at those points little scabs of some kind right where the branch has broken off. What is wrong and can I save these trees? I grew this kind of tree because they are fast growing trees and I wanted to enjoy some shade while I was still around to enjoy it. I am so afraid that there is something seriously wrong and those years will be lost. Can you help me with the info I have given you? I would appreciate it so much if you have an idea of what is wrong and what I can do to fix it.
- I want to replace a sickly globe willow tree in my front, south-facing, sloping lawn. There are underground utility (water, gas, sewer) and irrigation lines running through the area. What trees would work best in this area?
- Do you have tips for naturalizing a landscape with bulbs?
- I wanted to ask your opinion on fertilizing my lawn. I have so many weeds this year that I don't know what to do. The lawn is currently being fertilized by a company that comes out every 2-3 months. I started using them at the end last summer but maybe I selected the wrong company. Could you give me a recommendation on what to do to cut down on the weeds? Should I switch to a different company or do you recommend fertilizing myself? Thanks, Ryan
- Will hydrangias and dogwood trees grow in South Jordan?
- My blue spruce shrubs are turning brown and look like they are dying. What is wrong?
- I want to make a portion of my yard a 0scape environment. How do I prepare the area so that the grass/weeds to not take over? What tools will I need to make the soil acceptable? What time of year is best to plant new plants for this area?
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?