Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
Rate This FAQ
For your lawn, I would recommend a blend of tall and fine fescues. These are both cool season grass species and will maintain their color as long as any other grass. In addition, they are both shade tolerant, especially the fine fescues. Contact a local nursery or seed supplier to find out which varieties are readily available. Two tall fescue varieties and two fine fescue varieties should be plenty.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- When do I spray my lawn for weeds?
- What is a pre-emergent and a post-emergent?
- My lawn is really struggling with the heat and drought. Is there a point when it just won't recover?
- How invasive are globe willows? Also, what is the distance they should be from the septic system and water lines, etc?
- Yesterday I applied "Scotts Turf Builder Plus 2 Weed Control" to my lawn. Unfortunately, I had the drop spreader set incorrectly. As a result I later discovered that I had accidently applied 4-5 times as much fertizer as specified on the bag. Will this damage the lawn? Is there anything I can do to prevent damage?
- Do you have tips for naturalizing a landscape with bulbs?
- How can I make my lawnmower safe?
- How late in the fall season can you lay sod in northern Utah?