Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
Rate This FAQ
For your lawn, I would recommend a blend of tall and fine fescues. These are both cool season grass species and will maintain their color as long as any other grass. In addition, they are both shade tolerant, especially the fine fescues. Contact a local nursery or seed supplier to find out which varieties are readily available. Two tall fescue varieties and two fine fescue varieties should be plenty.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I live in Toquerville, 20 miles north of St. George, but still just as hot. I'd like to plant a medium to large tree in my front yard to shade the garage a little. There is no grass, no regular water. I will be watering it by hand/hose until it's established & then would like something that could tolerate hot, dry summers. Maybe the Texas Honey Mesquite or African Sumac. Do you have any suggestions for me?
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?
- I notice groups of about 4 or 5 pine needles buried into the flower beds and am wondering what type of bug is pulling them into the ground in the fall. They do not get ther naturally because of the way they are sticking out of the ground. Half buried. I am just wondering what creature this might be and do I need to do something about it?
- Is There Any Way To Eliminate Borers That Leave What Looks Like Sawdust At The Base Of Our Aspen Trees?
- My sycamore tree has brown-reddish spots along the leaf veins. What is it?
- When will my flowering shrubs bloom, and when should I prune them and my evergreens?
- I have a lumpy yard. I have used a roller to flatten it with litte success I have also aerated and put seed as well and fertalizer down. What else can be done beforeI have to bring in a bobcat and start over?
- There are brown spots in my lawn every summer, some are round and others are ribbon shaped. What can I do to prevent this problem?