Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
I live at an elevation of 6000ft. I am West of Cedar City in the mountains. I would like to know, what is the best low water and high traffic grass I should plant. I would like the type of grass that will stay green as early and as long as possible as well. Thank You Also, any good shade varieties?
Rate This FAQ
For your lawn, I would recommend a blend of tall and fine fescues. These are both cool season grass species and will maintain their color as long as any other grass. In addition, they are both shade tolerant, especially the fine fescues. Contact a local nursery or seed supplier to find out which varieties are readily available. Two tall fescue varieties and two fine fescue varieties should be plenty.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I have an infestation of red ants in my retaining wall area where I also have plants. What is the best way to get rid of the red ants so I can weed etc. in that area?
- I saw a small, dark green, spruce tree planted next to the corner of a home in a nearby neighborhood. Are their dwarf varieties of this tree? It is not an dwarf Alberta Spuce- I have already verified this. If so, what are they called. I would like to find one for my yard.
- when should i apply a preemregent to control the weed oxalis that is in my lawn? can you reccomend a particular product?
- What causes holes in the trunk of my aspen tree?
- We have solanum dulcamara, creeping nightshade, growing in our back yard. I could use some advice in how to get rid of it. Also, how dangerous is the plant to touch? Is the plant dangerous only when ingested?
- Something is digging up my bulbs (tulips, daffs, etc.) and eating them. I know I have a squirrel in my yard, but do they eat bulbs? What else would dig things up and eat them?
- I want to replace a sickly globe willow tree in my front, south-facing, sloping lawn. There are underground utility (water, gas, sewer) and irrigation lines running through the area. What trees would work best in this area?
- What fall gardening tasks will help reduce plant pests next year?