Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
Rate This FAQ
The number of fruit produced on one eggplant plant varies widely according to the eggplant variety, soil characteristics, irrigation, sun exposure, and the length of the season. To get a good crop of eggplant, you will probably need to stretch the season with wall'o'waters, floating row covers, hotcaps, etc. Results of an eggplant variety trial in Missouri showed that you could expect about 4 pounds of fruit from one plant, from 7 to 12 fruit per plant. Plant at recommended spacing for best productivity.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- What causes plants to look dirty and lose their green color during the heat of the summer? One culprit is spider mites.
- By the end of June, our apple tree looked sickly, with faded, curling brown leaves. I am wondering if the leaves look the way they do because my husband doesn't spray regularly or because the tree is not getting enough water in our arid climate. When he does stick to a schedule, it seems that the leaves don't look much better. This is a tree that is nearly twenty years old. I have never noticed an infestation of bugs. Apples have gotten smaller and smaller by the year, most have worms. The tree is in our front yard and I really would like it to look healthy, regardless of whether or not we get eatable fruit. What should we do?
- My garden is infested with what I believe are burrowing wolf spiders. I know that they are not dangerous, but there are a LOT of them and they scare me and keep me from getting my gardening done. Is there a safe way to get rid of them?
- What herbicide/killer do we use to eradicate "salt cedar" & cheat grass??
- I've been told that broccoli gets worms or flies in it in this area. Is this true, and if so is there a pesticide or other way to prevent these pests?
- I have heard that black walnut sawdust should not be used in composting. People have told me it is poisonous to other plants. Is that true. I have several bushels of sawdust and would hate to send it to the land fill, but don't want to poison my garden either.
- I have two Espalier apple trees and I would like to know when is the best time to prune them and should they produce every year or do they only produce by cycle's (every so many years)?
- How many ears of corn grow on one stalk?