Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
Rate This FAQ
The number of fruit produced on one eggplant plant varies widely according to the eggplant variety, soil characteristics, irrigation, sun exposure, and the length of the season. To get a good crop of eggplant, you will probably need to stretch the season with wall'o'waters, floating row covers, hotcaps, etc. Results of an eggplant variety trial in Missouri showed that you could expect about 4 pounds of fruit from one plant, from 7 to 12 fruit per plant. Plant at recommended spacing for best productivity.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- By the end of June, our apple tree looked sickly, with faded, curling brown leaves. I am wondering if the leaves look the way they do because my husband doesn't spray regularly or because the tree is not getting enough water in our arid climate. When he does stick to a schedule, it seems that the leaves don't look much better. This is a tree that is nearly twenty years old. I have never noticed an infestation of bugs. Apples have gotten smaller and smaller by the year, most have worms. The tree is in our front yard and I really would like it to look healthy, regardless of whether or not we get eatable fruit. What should we do?
- I'm wondering if there is a variety of Almond tree that grows well in Davis county. And, are they self-fertile? Can they be grown near nectarines? (I've read that they shouldn't be grown near peaches as they can develop a bitter taste.)
- I have just discovered an ant colony in my outdoor herb pot. I noticed soil build up around a couple of the herbs, thyme and rosemary and also soil build up around the drain holes. This pot is 20 inches across and 15 inches deep. How can I get rid of the ants without damaging the herbs or poisoning my family? Thank you.
- This is my first year planting carrots. Should I try to germinate them indoors before planting outside? Also, is it too soon to plant them outside?
- How do I get rid of squash bug?
- What's eating your raspberries besides you?
- I understand you have a service where you email spraying and care schedules to homeowners for home gardens and fruit trees. If so I would like to sign up. Please send me the info. Thanks, Mike
- I am looking for information on when pumkins are ripe.