Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
Rate This FAQ
The number of fruit produced on one eggplant plant varies widely according to the eggplant variety, soil characteristics, irrigation, sun exposure, and the length of the season. To get a good crop of eggplant, you will probably need to stretch the season with wall'o'waters, floating row covers, hotcaps, etc. Results of an eggplant variety trial in Missouri showed that you could expect about 4 pounds of fruit from one plant, from 7 to 12 fruit per plant. Plant at recommended spacing for best productivity.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- How many ears of corn grow on one stalk?
- I planted a garden last year and some animal kept eating it and we didn't yield anything from it. Aside from putting a fence around the garden is there anything else I could do?
- I am growing corn in a large garden box. My corn stalks are now five feet tall with several leaves, but none have any ears visible yet. When are ears supposed to be evident on a corn stalk?
- I have a reliance peach tree, 3rd year in the ground, and this year I noticed almost all of the branch tips were black, down about 3 inches. Some of the leaves started to brown spot and turn yellow, eventually falling. Also some of the branched produce fruit, but no foliage, the fruit is very weak and just falls in a light breeze. What can I do to correct this ?
- I am wrapping up my garden for the year. I have been looking at adding horse manure to my garden soil to boost the organic matter in it. This year I added NutriMulch (turkey manure blend) and that worked out well, but was expensive. I'm concerned about the soil quality. I notice that it's pretty hard when in big dry clods. Would I be hurting my garden to add green horse manure now, and tilling it in? I've read a little about deficiencies in the soil because of too much horse manure, so if it's safe or even a good idea to add to a garden, how much is the right amount?
- Do you have tips for growing water lilies?
- I was wondering if you could tell me where to find the planting schedule for Utah. Could you also tell me gardening plants that tend to grow better than others here in Utah? Thank you
- My tomato plants look beautiful. However, most of the tomatoes, when they start to turn red, they also start to spoil and turn black from the bottom up. Why is that? Could it be bugs or too much water?