Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
Rate This FAQ
The number of fruit produced on one eggplant plant varies widely according to the eggplant variety, soil characteristics, irrigation, sun exposure, and the length of the season. To get a good crop of eggplant, you will probably need to stretch the season with wall'o'waters, floating row covers, hotcaps, etc. Results of an eggplant variety trial in Missouri showed that you could expect about 4 pounds of fruit from one plant, from 7 to 12 fruit per plant. Plant at recommended spacing for best productivity.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- We have been putting the dog poop in the composte pile. Is this going to be bad for our composte or for our garden?
- You might be a gardener if...
- The last few years, I have had persistent grass growth in my vegetable garden. I till the area each fall and spring, and pull out and discard all the vegetable plants. For the first couple of months, its easy to control the weeds and grass, then about 2/3 of the way through the summer, the grass starts to take over. By the time I pull out the plants in the fall, I practically have a lawn underneath them. Now that everything is pulled up, should I spray Round-up or another grass killer on the entire garden area? Or is there a better way to control the grass?
- Are pine needles a good top mulch or addition to my compost pile? Others have said pine needles are poisonous. I live in Washington Terrace and my soil is sandy by nature.
- Winter Vegetable Gardening
- I planted 2 plum trees several years ago. The 3rd year I had a huge crop. The next 2 years the leaves had what I think is peach leaf curl or at least that's how it made the leaves look. I sprayed both years with no improvement. This year I've also sprayed but after blossoming, the leafing is very sickly, the leaves done even really form, they just make tiny clusters of pale spikes that look like tiny curled leaves. Is there anything I can so short of digging them out? Can they be saved or I am better off just starting from scratch? How to I make sure what is there doesn't contaminate the new trees? Thanks.
- How do I control field bind weed?
- I have two Espalier apple trees and I would like to know when is the best time to prune them and should they produce every year or do they only produce by cycle's (every so many years)?