Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
Rate This FAQ
The number of fruit produced on one eggplant plant varies widely according to the eggplant variety, soil characteristics, irrigation, sun exposure, and the length of the season. To get a good crop of eggplant, you will probably need to stretch the season with wall'o'waters, floating row covers, hotcaps, etc. Results of an eggplant variety trial in Missouri showed that you could expect about 4 pounds of fruit from one plant, from 7 to 12 fruit per plant. Plant at recommended spacing for best productivity.
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I want to find out about the master gardener program, my computer wont let me link, can you give me more info or a different link address or something. I want to know sign up date class times, location, cost and if aid is available. Thanks so much for your help.
- Our neighborhood has a group that meets once a month and learns about a topic of interest. In March we are planning on learning about gardening. My question is do you have volunteers who would be willing to come out and teach us about the basics of gardening(soil prep., planting times, pest control, etc.)?
- By the end of June, our apple tree looked sickly, with faded, curling brown leaves. I am wondering if the leaves look the way they do because my husband doesn't spray regularly or because the tree is not getting enough water in our arid climate. When he does stick to a schedule, it seems that the leaves don't look much better. This is a tree that is nearly twenty years old. I have never noticed an infestation of bugs. Apples have gotten smaller and smaller by the year, most have worms. The tree is in our front yard and I really would like it to look healthy, regardless of whether or not we get eatable fruit. What should we do?
- My tomato plants look beautiful. However, most of the tomatoes, when they start to turn red, they also start to spoil and turn black from the bottom up. Why is that? Could it be bugs or too much water?
- I'd like to plant annual vines - do you have suggestions?
- I started my Basil from seed and they were doing great, now something is eating them. The plants outside and inside. One insect looks like a nat the other one has feelers out front and is very small and fast. What should I spray them with? Should I use bark around them?
- When is the best time to plant annual flowers outside?
- Do you have information on average last spring freeze dates in Utah?