Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our neighborhood has a group that meets once a month and learns about a topic of interest. In March we are planning on learning about gardening. My question is do you have volunteers who would be willing to come out and teach us about the basics of gardening(soil prep., planting times, pest control, etc.)?
Rate This FAQ
Utah State University Extension trains Master Gardener Volunteers to extend educational outreach to local community groups. Check with your county USU Extension office and request a Master Gardener speaker. You can find your county office at the USU Extension website, http://extension.usu.edu/htm/counties
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
- Why do my tomatoes have brown spots on the bottom?
- They sell blueberry bushes at Costco. Can they grow in Utah and if so what kind of soil prep is needed?
- Can I recycle garden waste without composting?
- I want to find out about the master gardener program, my computer wont let me link, can you give me more info or a different link address or something. I want to know sign up date class times, location, cost and if aid is available. Thanks so much for your help.
- I recently moved here from western Oregon, where they grew wonderful blueberries. Is it possible to grow blueberries here in Utah, Salt Lake County specifically? I've noticed that blueberries are not sold at the farmers' markets, and so far I haven't seen any blueberry bushes being sold in nurseries.
- When do I pick my watermelon?
- I have just discovered an ant colony in my outdoor herb pot. I noticed soil build up around a couple of the herbs, thyme and rosemary and also soil build up around the drain holes. This pot is 20 inches across and 15 inches deep. How can I get rid of the ants without damaging the herbs or poisoning my family? Thank you.