Ask a Question
Notify Me On Question Update
Email this Question
Our neighborhood has a group that meets once a month and learns about a topic of interest. In March we are planning on learning about gardening. My question is do you have volunteers who would be willing to come out and teach us about the basics of gardening(soil prep., planting times, pest control, etc.)?
Rate This FAQ
Utah State University Extension trains Master Gardener Volunteers to extend educational outreach to local community groups. Check with your county USU Extension office and request a Master Gardener speaker. You can find your county office at the USU Extension website, http://extension.usu.edu/htm/counties
Submit Your Suggestion
Other Questions In This Topic
- I would like to plant vegetables in containers this winter. What can you tell me about indoor gardening?
- I have two Espalier apple trees and I would like to know when is the best time to prune them and should they produce every year or do they only produce by cycle's (every so many years)?
- how many eggplants do you get from one plant.
- How can I protect my raspberries from insect pests?
- I have some shrubs that have been dying off in a wierd manner. Just sections at a time will completly die in a matter of a day or so, not even time to try and treat it. There are no outward signs of bugs and the rest of the shrub will be perfectly healthy. It has done this to more than one of my shrubs and also done this to more than one kind of shrub. It started last summer where I lost part of a couple and one hole shrub. I thought I had it taken care of by the end of the summer but when I mowed last week for the first time I noticed I have almost totaly lost another and there are spots on some others. The plants have been here for as many as 10 years or so and are very well taken care of. The only thing I can think of is about 3 years ago I put new plastic down and new bark, could the new plastic cause this.
- I found a spider in my garden among some weeds that matches the description of a black widow except it has three distinct white dots on its back.
- We just moved to Davis County and want to plant our first garden. What things will grow well? What should we avoid? When should we plant? Any other basic tips about our area would be appreciated.
- I'd like to plant annual vines - do you have suggestions?